Author Topic: Can you handle food safely?  (Read 351 times)

Offline Sailor1

Can you handle food safely?
« Reply #-1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »
So you think you know how to handle food safely?  You might be surprised to find how much you know and don't know.  I found this site http://www.practicequiz.com/ServSafe-Food-Safety-Practice-Test and did the "study mode".  I kept track of the number of the missed questions as they will give you a score but they want to collect your email and I would guess spam you so I did not ask for the finished score.  To get a Safe Serve certificate I think you need at least a 78%.  I scored a 87% taking the test cold.  I learned some things in reading the answers to the missed questions.

At any rate there are 234 questions so if my math is correct you can miss 52 and still pass.  If you take the test, keep a score of the number of missed questions so you know how you did.  Heck, I could not even pronounce some of the words let alone know what it was  ;D  You might find it interesting to do if you have some spare time to kill.  Good luck!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Can you handle food safely?
« on: August 30, 2014, 06:44:29 PM »
We have some members here that are ServeSafe Certified. I know it is a hard test....ANd - for most of us - probably not necessary, but any education's a good thing.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401