Author Topic: Tri Tip Roast  (Read 3631 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Tri Tip Roast
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 09:21:11 AM »
Looks good David! I have to try a tri.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »
Super cut of meat, IMHO, especially for the price these days.   Our usual source is VERY inconsistent about having them--even when they are advertised.   None on display, so when I ask, the response is, "Oh, they didn't send any in the shipment we got for the ad."  When I ask if I can have a rain check, am told, "That item isn't eligible for rain checks."   No explanation when asked bout that.   

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 09:34:29 AM »
Yes - I only have ONE really local source - and they are frozen. I can got o Asheville, and get fantastic quality Tri Tips tho....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »
Super cut of meat, IMHO, especially for the price these days.   Our usual source is VERY inconsistent about having them--even when they are advertised.   None on display, so when I ask, the response is, "Oh, they didn't send any in the shipment we got for the ad."  When I ask if I can have a rain check, am told, "That item isn't eligible for rain checks."   No explanation when asked bout that.   

That's 'cause muebe and his buddies keep buying all of them...  ;) ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 09:42:53 AM »
The tenderness and beefy flavor of the tri-tip blew me away.

T's M-3 was a perfect compliment - adding flavor without overpowering the beefy taste of the meat. It was like they were made for each other. I didn't even feel the need to reach for my horse radish - it was just right.

And, most amazing, my wife didn't use any ketchup (yes, no matter the cut / quality, her first move is the bottle of ketchup... I still love her...  ??? ::) This time - no ketchup - to me that says it all.

And finally, the oldest daughter, Emma, didn't even squawk when her portion was just a hair under medium (normally requires medium well to well.) This is now my "Sunday" roast!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pappymn

Tri Tip Roast
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »
My wife and I almost didn't get married cuz I made her some hash Browns while we were dating and she wanted ketchup. I didn't have any as I never use it. Me challenging her food taste credentials didn't go well.
If she had asked for ketchup for a nice tri tip, I think I would be doing time right now
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109