Author Topic: Sous vide supreme demi discounted  (Read 1849 times)

Offline 1Bigg_ER

Sous vide supreme demi discounted
« Reply #-1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:42 AM »
Now going for $249 on Amazon.

Anybody got anybody got any experience with this and the Anova?
Which one is better?
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: Sous vide supreme demi discounted
« on: February 02, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »
I don't have any experience with the Sous Vide Supreme, only with an Anova and a Dorkfood.  The limitation I see with this one is the size of the cooking container is limited.  The Anova can be attached to just about any size container for small to very large cooks.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »
I don't have any experience with either of the Sous Vide Supreme models. I respect that they really opened the affordable floodgates to this technique. But I agree with LVC that the ANOVA offers flexibility that "tank" models can't.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »
I don't have any experience with either of the Sous Vide Supreme models. I respect that they really opened the affordable floodgates to this technique. But I agree with LVC that the ANOVA offers flexibility that "tank" models can't.

And - when we speak of "flexibility" ...The DORK FOOD DSV - which (ahem) is about $100 delivered to your door....is as or more accurate....and flexible enough that it can drive any knob operated crockpot or roaster - from 1 qt - to 26 qt. size....maybe larger.

No crockpot? ( really??? :o ??? - I can't imagine that in this crowd...but just in case ;D...) you can buy a 6.5 qt ceramic insert style crockpot at Wal-Mart for under $30 bucks!

So, for $130 dollars...really folks - give the DSV a try - sexy? No, it does not come in the pretty colors and shapes of the other kinds...BUT IT WORKS..... :D :D :D :D

And - BTW...they are site sponsors too! ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 04:41:13 PM »
Yes Tee, I don't own a crock pot.

I am trying to decide between another Anova One or Anova precision (only because of the adjustable clamp)
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 04:58:57 PM »

I am trying to decide between another Anova One or Anova precision (only because of the adjustable clamp)

Just my job to point out options ;)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 05:03:10 PM »

I like the adjustable clamp. I have wide flat pots and tall deep pots - this is great!
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
I love the fact that Dork Foods is a sponsor of this forum! They are the leaders in low cost sous vide solutions. If I had more than one (a simple crockpot) device for their controller, I would have gone that route. I am not swayed by pretty faces (other than my wife...  ;) ;D) On the other hand I have a variety of pots, pans, and tubs that will take the ANOVA and let it do its thing.

I am enjoying the ANOVA and I appreciate the recipe suggestions from everyone, including Dork Foods - Thank you!

Member #

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »
Mike - HOS has the soux vide supreme, we used it at the gathering for hot water, we had a downed tree that cut the electric in the kitchen. It was great but not very big inside, but it was big enough. He makes some awesome stuff in it.  BUT IT DID IT SO I COULD DO DISHES. I love my soux vide precision. I can put it on anything. Can't believe he doesn't own a crockpot..I have about 6 of them. just sayin, and one with 3 units in one. I do lots of big cooks for the holidays. I saw Tee use his DSV at the gathering..all nice  stuff.I'm thinking doing the dsv for the campground.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 06:23:36 PM »
Mike - HOS has the soux vide supreme, we used it at the gathering for hot water, we had a downed tree that cut the electric in the kitchen. It was great but not very big inside, but it was big enough. He makes some awesome stuff in it.  BUT IT DID IT SO I COULD DO DISHES. I love my soux vide precision. I can put it on anything. Can't believe he doesn't own a crockpot..I have about 6 of them. just sayin, and one with 3 units in one. I do lots of big cooks for the holidays. I saw Tee use his DSV at the gathering..all nice  stuff.I'm thinking doing the dsv for the campground.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

That's the reason I bought the Dorkfood DSV, it will be my RV unit instead of packing my Anova's for every trip.  My crockpots and rice cooker/steamer are digital so I did have to by an analog crockpot for the Dorkfood, it was $20 so for $120 I have a unit to use in my RV.  The Dorkfood doesn't take up as much room, when packed in its box as the Anova does but I am limited to the size of the crockpot for SV when I'm on the road.  It will come in handy for small stuff like chicken breast and steaks for 2-3 people.  I just won't be doing any large stuff with it like I can do with the Anova.
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
Ain't having options great? ;)

And - truly guys - earnest discussions about what you like - and don't like about all products in a category is the most powerful message you can send to manufacturers as it help them assess their market positions, and what changes the consumers are asking for, designs, colors, shapes....endless....

GOOD THREAD!!!
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »
I own the Sous Vide Supreme Demi and have no regrets. It has all the room I need. I had the Dorkfood one and it was
awesome, but I couldn't pass up the buy on this refurbished SV Supreme.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 08:34:56 PM by HighOnSmoke »
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 08:23:41 PM »
I love folks on this site. Thank y'all for your input. I'll go for another Anova One.

LOL! I must be the only one here without a crock pot.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »

The adjustable clamp option comes in real handy when you want to use it on a shallow pot for small stuff that doesn't require a deep stock pot full of water.
----------------------