Author Topic: Hey Y'all  (Read 9412 times)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
Re: Hey Y'all
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 09:16:22 PM »
Dee

So sorry to hear. Most important thing is to get yourself better. Gatherings can wait.

We are praying for you and your family.

Rick & Chrystal
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »
Hey Dee, just get better.  I will be praying for you!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 09:24:33 PM »
Dee it was nice to hear from you, I had been concerned. So sorry about your recent health issues, but you are a tough bugger from what I can tell. Hang in there buddy, we got your back. Healing thoughts and prayers to you and your family from both of us! You got an awful lot of cooking to do yet! 8)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 09:55:39 PM »
To heck withe the Fall Gathering - it is YOU we care about Dee.

Nah, I was in it for the Gathering.

Gotta love the tortoise...  ;) ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 10:03:21 PM »
To heck withe the Fall Gathering - it is YOU we care about Dee.

Nah, I was in it for the Gathering.

No more lettuce ( or whisky) for you..back in the pen! :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 10:07:10 PM »
I really thank  y'all for the kind words and prayers.  They will come in handy.  I don't think I'm all that sick.  The doctors are doing a great job and I couldn't be treated better.  The kidney doctor is just trying to do all the  tests she can to find out what level the situation is.
Basically, I feel well enough to pull off the Gathering but there is enough uncertainty that I'm concerned that it is possible, but highly unlikely, that I could mess up y'all's travel times and plans and I don't want that to happen. I'm not scared or overly concerned. Just don't want to mess things up for y'all.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 11:26:37 PM »
Dee, don't worry about the gathering. You have put in a lot of work for years so we could get together. Hell, you even managed to get it scheduled on Alabama's off weekend last year but Lana was still recovering so I could not come.

My Dad will be 96 in June. He had surgery for prostate cancer 20 years ago. He had 5 heart bypass surgery, ruptured appendix and cut off half his left ear from skin cancer.

He used to have a saying from General George Patton, "Yea though I walk through the shadow of death. I will fear no evil for I am the meanest bastard in the valley."

I have only met you once in person but you hugged my neck and treated my like my Uncle Dee. You are the toughest old bird I know. I bet when me and most of us are old and senile and messing up our Depends you will be cooking some good BBQ, and hopefully posting some good pictures.

If don't have a gathering over this year I drive right there going up to see my son in NC. I would love to stop by and take out for some BBQ and meet the Lady that puts up with you.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 11:47:13 PM »
Dee, I have frequently thought of you during your absence.  Someone posted that you were very busy with work on the homestead but I didn't buy in.  You have been in the prayers of the Millen household for quite a while.  It will continue.  Be well.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 02:03:41 AM »
Thanks so much for posting Dee.  Please get well.

Heavenly Father, be with our brother (and his family) as he battles life's challenges.  Keep him strong, and let him know that you are there through his journeys as you have always been.  Amen!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 02:36:17 AM »
Dee, we all love you and wish and pray for your good health. You've fought tougher enemies than this and have won. Keep fighting.

I will start off the Augusta Dee Gathering this year by going to Augusta on May 4th (in two weeks) and again on May 8th. Every time I go through Augusta, Dee and I have lunch at a very nice Mexican restaurant just off IH20. This is always the highlight of a long drive that I make two or three times a year. The food is great, but the conversations with Dee are even greater. Anyone wishing to meet up on these dates just get in touch with us and we'll give you the info. 

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 03:52:12 AM »
Hang in the Uncle Dee,,we all love you and wish you our best. We will do another gathering when your better. All 4 of them were great for me because of all the help that you did. thank you for that. Real good to see you back with us again. Love ya.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Hub

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 07:29:38 AM »
To heck withe the Fall Gathering - it is YOU we care about Dee.  I will second what Art said...Maybe we should plan a day to have as many come to Augusta  for lunch or dinner - and still have a "Fall Gathering".....?

Can I get some input from others on this?

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 07:59:58 AM »
Dee, we all love you and wish and pray for your good health. You've fought tougher enemies than this and have won. Keep fighting.

I will start off the Augusta Dee Gathering this year by going to Augusta on May 4th (in two weeks) and again on May 8th. Every time I go through Augusta, Dee and I have lunch at a very nice Mexican restaurant just off IH20. This is always the highlight of a long drive that I make two or three times a year. The food is great, but the conversations with Dee are even greater. Anyone wishing to meet up on these dates just get in touch with us and we'll give you the info.

Don,
When will you be back home?  Maureen and I will be heading to Houston/Galveston sometime around May 6/7/8.  Let me know.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 08:29:20 AM »
Dee, your health is your top priority right now.   Like Tim and the others to heck with the gathering we can meet anytime, but getting you healthy is the main thing. 

Kimmie and I will pray for you my friend, just never give up and knowing you that's not an option.   
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 12:08:26 PM »

Don,
When will you be back home?  Maureen and I will be heading to Houston/Galveston sometime around May 6/7/8.  Let me know.

Art

Art, I will be leaving Wilmington, NC on Friday the 8th. Lunch in Augusta with Dee around noon. And depending on Jaxon's health and recovery, afternoon and evening at Jaxon's house in Byron, GA with Dee, Albert, and Mike for a mini-Gathering. Jaxon always says that you are welcome to eat a little bbq with us and enjoy our company. I should be home on the 9th. Looking forward to y'alls visit. I've got some places to show you.