General > Member Gatherings and Road Trips

2015 Ohio Buckeye Gathering - Directions & More Info AND PICS...OH MY!!!!!

(1/11) > >>

TentHunteR:
Well, the first annual Ohio Buckeye Gathering is only two weeks away and I am getting excited.  It looks like we're going to have a decent turnout, especially since this is the first one!

If you have never attended a member gathering, please join us. It really is like meeting up with old friends to sit, chat, cook and eat some great food. Not to mention the area is absolutely beautiful!

For those using a GPS and/or Mapquest, here is the address:

Mohican River Inn, 16124 County Road 23, Loudonville, OH  44842

Here are more detailed directions on their website: Mohican River Inn -Driving Directions

Room Rate Bonus: Everyone staying more than one night will qualify for a discount when you check in!

Facilities/Ammenities:

● Refrigeration - I do NOT remember there being refrigerators in the rooms, so be sure to bring a cooler!  I will be bringing three coolers and extra ice. Two of them are large, so I will have some extra storage space if needed.

● Coffee - The Inn serves free coffee in the mornings. I am NOT a huge coffee drinker, so I will NOT be bringing a Coffee Maker.  I will pickup some instant coffee, or feel free to bring a coffee maker for your room.

● Power/Electricity - The Inn has assured me that they can run a power cord to the pavilion if we need it.  I will also be bringing a 600 watt pure sine wave power inverter as a backup.

● Phone/WiFi Coverage - Verizon, without a doubt, has very good coverage there. Other carriers are spotty.  There will be plenty of us there with Verizon if someone should need to make a call.  At least three of us will have WiFi capability as well, if needed.

● Events & Area Attractions - There is a ton of stuff for anyone who wants to do a bit of sight-seeing.
  > We will be on the edge of Amish Country (lots of restaurants, cheese houses, craft places, etc.).
  > The nearby Wolf Creek-Pine Run Grist Mill will be having an International Wine festival on the 6th.
  > The nearby Mohican State Park has a covered bridge and a great overlook area where you can view the Mohican Clear Fork Gorge.
  > WWII Memorial Shrine.
  > Malabar Farm State Park is also nearby. This was the home of Author & Conservationist Louis Bromfield. This is also where Lauren Bacall & Humphrey Bogart were married in secret.

Local Businesses, Gas, Groceries, Etc.

● Gas/Quickie Store/Ice:
- Stake's Short Stop
- Marathon Gas Station (2 of them)
- Shell Gas Stastion

● Groceries:
- Stake's IGA
- Mohican Country Market

● Restaurants:
- Mellor's Family Restaurant
- Mohican Tavern
- Hanover House Diner
- McDonald's
- Subway
- Taco Bell
- Malabar Inn (fine dining near the Malabar Farm - a bit of a drive, but well worth it!)

● Bank/ATM
- Farmer's Bank

● General Merchandise
- Raby Hardware & General Store (Old time family-run traditional hardware store. Hardware, camping supplies, etc.)
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Mohican Country Crafts
- Danner Pharmacy

And finally here are a few pics of the Inn and the area (click to enlarge):

Approaching the Inn

The Inn (note the mountain ridge in the background)

The pavilion & play area

The view from the balcony of our room.

Downtown Loudonville

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Cliff

SmokinKat:
Hope you all have a marvelous time!   What a fun weekend that will be!   Looking forward to seeing some pictures! :)

TentHunteR:
In addition to what I posted above, I will also be bringing:

- 2 Grills:  The MAK and the Weber/Stoven combo

- 2-Burner 60,000 BTU Camp Stove

- Various cast iron cookware and utensils. But feel free to bring your own if you like.

Any questions about anything I might have forgotten to mention, PLEASE ask!

ACW3:
Looking forward to the Gathering.  I will be traveling with Mike and Tee.  Also a load of pellets.

Art

Old Dave:
We plan to bring my 12 volt Davy Crockett pellet cooker and a charcoal powered Cobb Grill with all the accessories. Will also have my Coleman camp stove with us along with a camping type coffee pot. Will also bring 3 folding tables and other camping supplies.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and will arrive about noon on Friday.

Dave, Jan, and Barney

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version