The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch

Offline TwoPockets

Re: 9-11
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
Thanks Ron, I needed this today. I am a proud Scotsman whose family has been in and fought for America since the 1670's. This makes my eyes water. God Bless America and death to her enemies both foreign and domestic. Sorry if that offends anyone, that is just the way I feel, today especially.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »
It is hard to believe it has been 11 years since that dreadful day. I cannot remember what I wore yesterday but I can vividly remember where I was when the first plane struck the tower.

We must never forget....
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »
Definately was a sad day!!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »
Honor, dignity and respect. This was a somber, and occasionally gut wrenching day. Lost a couple of friends on 9-11.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
Amen
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
I hate 9-11   I was in a bad mood all day and I still am. This is one wound that aint gonna heal!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 03:34:25 PM »
My wife's birthday is 9/11 (as is Ron's). I used to have a problem remembering the day, now I don't. I was at work that day having breakfast in the cafeteria when my wife called my cell phone to tell me a plane had crashed into the WTC. I asked if she might have a movie running and she assured me it was the national news. While we were talking she said "oh my God, here comes another one". We all went to a conference room that had a cable TV feed and watched as the tragedy unfolded and then the towers came crashing down. I can honestly say that that was one of the most memorable days in my life in one of the worst ways.

I had to drive to Atlanta the next day to have a meeting in one of the tallest buildings there. Security entering the building was very high. It was a tense day and many tense and somber weeks afterwards.

If you ever drive to Atlanta you know there are airliners circling in the sky there constantly waiting to land in Hartsfield which is constantly rated as one of the world's busiest airports. The only thing in the air that day were military planes circling the city. It was spooky. I had friends who were stranded in Europe for over a week before they could get home.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Ron D

• Fire up the grill or smoker and get cooking
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 05:00:55 PM »
TP,

I was on I-85 heading to Atlanta for a meeting at the GE plant there in my old job. My wife called me while on the road and told me a plane had hit the Towers and asked if I thought it may have been a small plane off its flight plan as I had flown in and out of NY many times. I told her no way as no airplane can get near there, so I tuned into the local talk radio station and they were covering it. I listened as they described what they were seeing on the news and called the GE plant and was told they were on lock down, no one in no one out. Called the office and was told to go home ASAP so off I went. Got home just in time to see the first tower go down.

I may not remember where I was last year on any other day but I will always remember where I was on 9-11-2001. I do know friends that lost people they knew that day and I still feel for them to this day and always will. Three weeks later we were in Detroit for a trade show and were staying at the hotel downtown that also has GM HQ in it. Needless to say security was very tight.
The Big Easy
Jenn-Air 5 burner grill
Brinkman Offset smoker
Brinkman Smoke and Go
MES 30 inch