Author Topic: Robotic Bricklaying Machine  (Read 883 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Robotic Bricklaying Machine
« Reply #-1 on: June 27, 2015, 07:42:49 AM »
This morning I heard about a robotic bricklaying machine called Hadrain built by an Austrailian.  It can lay 1000 bricks an hour which works out to about one every four seconds, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  It can build a house in two days.  I tried to find a video of it on YouTube and couldn't; however, I did find an article about it in  "Tech Times."

The inventor hopes to have it on the market within a year or so.  He says it's not to replace workers as much as it is to fill a gap created by not enough people going into the bricklaying profession.

While I'm rambling on about laying brick, I saw a picture not long ago of a machine that lays down the bricks in a herringbone pattern on streets. Bricks are fed into a hopper and they come out  on the ground in the pattern on the other end.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Robotic Bricklaying Machine
« on: June 27, 2015, 09:33:30 AM »
I couldn't find a video either. Here is a link to some more information.

For me the potential value of this invention is NOT to replace bricklayers, but to potentially provide a rapid and efficient way to provide support for disaster areas - floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3140546/Meet-robot-BUILDER-Fully-automated-bricklaying-machine-create-entire-house-just-two-days.html

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:35:30 AM »
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »

Wow - even the speaker sounds like a robot - do you think that was done on purpose?
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »
They can say whatever they want, but the purpose of this is to replace skilled labor. A crew of good bricklayers is just as fast.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline DWard51

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
So when everybody's job has been replaced by robots working 24/7, who will have money to buy the homes and other products these robots make?  Just saying.....