Author Topic: Verizon Wireless PSA  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Pappymn

Verizon Wireless PSA
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »
Pappy looks out for his buddies.
Smoke, most of the no name cellular companies run on the sprint network
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: Verizon Wireless PSA
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 03:26:30 PM »
  The fact they have the discount is surprising.  I have been to several business events where Verizon and At@t  have discussed how they push for bundles and contracts.
 So do the cable companies...  Basically the more services they can get you to sign up for the less likely you are to cancel. 

Here at work we use Version , At&T and T-Mobile on the data network bands.   
 We use cellular communicators for Environmental and Alarm Systems installing 20-30 a month.
Version outperforms the others hands down in most cases. The frequency they use is different and it tends to work in buildings and areas where the others have difficulties. 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 04:27:47 PM »
I called VW today and got the discount too.  They added unlimited txt, pic and video too...great deal for us. Thanks to whoever,  life is good.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline hikerman

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
Well, our contract with Verizon ended yesterday and thanks to the heads-up from Pappy we had options! The chief negotiator on this was Mrs Hikerman  ::)
The savings from not getting a new phone are based on your data plan. We had 6gb and were to get 15.00 off each phone. Me being me, I wanted 25.00 off each phone. So here is how it panned out. We get 15% off from our employer. So anyone else's charges may vary.We have 2 phones on our plan.

Old plan- 2 yr. Contract.                      New plan off-contract 30 day
                                                                        Revolving fee
$70.00 plan with 6Gb data                             $80.00 plan with 10Gb data
$40.00 per phone charge.                              $40.00 per phone charge
$40.00.                                                              $40.00
--------------                                                            ---------------
$150.00.                                                            $160.00
                                                                              - $50.00 discount
                                                                           ----------------
                                                                            $110.00. 

Thanks Pappy!
By the way this discount is now advertised.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:41:30 PM by hikerman »

Offline Pappymn

Verizon Wireless PSA
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »
Atta boy. The 10 GB is the sweet spot for a deal. Now if they would just rollover unused data.???

This IMHO is why cell phone companies are liked, and cable companies are hated. All of us with cable know we are paying for a boat load of channels we never watch. Saw today that we pay $6.61 per month for ESPN........never watch it :(
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline hikerman

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 03:09:29 PM »
Atta boy. The 10 GB is the sweet spot for a deal. Now if they would just rollover unused data.???

This IMHO is why cell phone companies are liked, and cable companies are hated. All of us with cable know we are paying for a boat load of channels we never watch. Saw today that we pay $6.61 per month for ESPN........never watch it :(

Agree Pappy!  Just read an article saying on average Americans are paying for 189 channels but only watching 17! >:(

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »
Wendys phone clunked out and instead of dealing with Verizon, we went to Target and grabbed a Verizon pre-paid phone for 70 bucks. We slipped in the sim-card and she was up and running. It is nice to know that we can update our phones rather inexpensively instead of having to go back into contract and not get draped over for another two years............

I did get our bill knocked down 20 bucks a month cause we don't use all our data. The CS gal says when we are out of contract our bill will go down 25 a month each phone.

I am not going to wait for this to "automatically" happen next year. I will call them to "remind" them.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 04:22:04 PM »

Target?   Good to know they carry Verizon pre-paid phones.

One of these days our credit card processing app is going to stop working on my steam powered Samsung, and I'll need to get some new hardware in hand toot sweet!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 04:25:14 PM »

Target?   Good to know they carry Verizon pre-paid phones.

One of these days our credit card processing app is going to stop working on my steam powered Samsung, and I'll need to get some new hardware in hand toot sweet!

Yeah, Wendy's daughter told us to go to Target. She goes there for (I think) Boost Mobile pre-paid phones. I think she said Wal-Mart has them as well............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32