Author Topic: I like humor?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Ka Honu

Re: I like humor?
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 01:20:58 AM »
I know not everyone likes taking pics of their food...

If you're talking about dee you should know that he doesn't post pics because he doesn't want to embarrass the rest of us with the superior quality of both his cooks and his photographic expertise.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
I was going to stay out of the fray here, as  am guilty of posting a number of "off food" posts, and with things going on in life right now, I've not been cooking much that has been worth sharing - just food for the family.

However, Tee made a comment in his last reply that caught my eye - about the importance of including a recipe or an outline, because that's how we all can learn. I've perused a few cooking forums that were chock-filled with beautiful pictures of excellent looking plates. But, nothing beyond the pictures - not a clue as to how to replicate the dish. Maybe, apparently, this is good enough for their members, but it could not hold my attention or interest.

So, I do enjoy this forum for the "family" atmosphere, especially when I know I'm not going to be doing any real cooking for awhile. But I also really appreciate the learning I get from the cooking posts. For me the balance seems to be working, but that's me.

Cheers
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
I was going to stay out of the fray here, as  am guilty of posting a number of "off food" posts, and with things going on in life right now, I've not been cooking much that has been worth sharing - just food for the family.

However, Tee made a comment in his last reply that caught my eye - about the importance of including a recipe or an outline, because that's how we all can learn. I've perused a few cooking forums that were chock-filled with beautiful pictures of excellent looking plates. But, nothing beyond the pictures - not a clue as to how to replicate the dish. Maybe, apparently, this is good enough for their members, but it could not hold my attention or interest.

So, I do enjoy this forum for the "family" atmosphere, especially when I know I'm not going to be doing any real cooking for awhile. But I also really appreciate the learning I get from the cooking posts. For me the balance seems to be working, but that's me.

Cheers
What he said  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker