Author Topic: BBQ Smoke causing problems..  (Read 5916 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: BBQ Smoke causing problems..
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 01:05:56 AM »
Here you go:  Lets boycott Cracker Barrel until they call it Caucasian Barrel.............OK, I will be quiet now............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 06:55:13 AM »
If they can't take guns from registered gun owners they will just take the ammo instead.

If they can't take your cookers the next step will be taking away the charcoal and wood fuels.

Really sad :'(

And we continue to elect these people....
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:40 AM »
I think it is freakin pathetic that we even have to have this thread.

They get rid of the Confederate Flag and take off the Duke boys because some POS white trash loser poses with a Confederate Flag and then takes out nine colored folk. The Confederate Flag does not and has never stood for racism.

Now they are going after that wonderful BBQ smoke..............what is next......Mom, God, Apple Pie.............. >:( >:( >:( >:(
Do you really want to know?     I was told there is a movement to replace the US flag.   

Sounds like this country has really been changed and no turning back ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 10:17:14 AM »
Replace the US Flag??  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

We have to stop re-electing these Bozo's!!  and as long as there are trees there will be smoke

and I buy extra ammo everytime I go to the range  8) 8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 10:52:59 AM »
Just ordered this shirt for Wendy and I. Gonna wear this loud and proud. Ya want one? Ya know you do you Red White and Blue Barbequing American!!  Here is the link:

http://teespring.com/AAQ2895QXS?utm_source=buyer-c1&utm_medium=email_trans&utm_campaign=subject_line_test2&utm_content=shirt_image&utm_swu=9242
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »
Here you go:  Lets boycott Cracker Barrel until they call it Caucasian Barrel.............OK, I will be quiet now............
  Bout lost my coffee on this one!  :D :D :D
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 12:38:52 PM »
I can't speak to the Florida issues but I was in Austin (aka Berkley on the Colorado) in March and April when the City Council was debating the issue. There was only one neighborhood with one food trailer that was causing an issue and they agreed to move and then all the big places like Black's agreed to install scrubbers before they passed an ordinance. Of course they will most likely still pass an ordinance. I had to find a small house for me and my boss to live in so we could have the SRG, no grills in apartments in Austin. Some genius looked at a statistic that showed 80 percent of apartment fires are caused by cooking so they had to ban BBQ grills. Of course no one looked deeper at the study to see that 95 percent of those cooking fires were caused by the stove or oven.....
Don't blame the apartment complex owner too much.  This is not just in Austin but is Nation wide.  The insurance industry that writes property coverage for apartment buildings and Condo buildings will not provide coverage if the complex allows BBQ grills within 10 feet of the building.  The insurance companies get pretty upset in having to pay out several million in damage for a building when a resident is grilling $10 worth of burgers and catches the building on fire.  The buildings are inspected and if a grill or BBQ pit is found the insurance company will issue cancellation notice for coverage if the grill or pit is not removed and a written program banning the grills or pit is not made and enforced.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 01:53:05 PM »

I have gotten 3 notices from the city.  we got a lawyer and the problem went away.  that's why we are moving to get some more land.  tired of ppl telling me when and where I can bbq.  I thought everyone bbqed everyday and a few week nights too.   :(

What was the violation? I weep for this country

X∞

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline flbentrider

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »
Pinellas County Florida - Tampa Area.

Offline DWard51

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 12:43:53 PM »
Well all those code enforcement minions have it totally wrong. 

The problem is not uncontrolled smoke from the pit, it's the uncontrolled wind blowing across you yard/business from the road (which the local government owns).  Simple thermodynamics and airflow analysis can show the smoke was forced out of your yard and into the neighbor's area of enjoyment by the movement of heated air which arose from the black asphalt, concrete sidewalks and other thermal masses owned, installed, and maintained by the local governing body.   So the code enforcement minions need to ticket the mayor or county manager.   

And think of the potential for lawsuits for the illegal encroachment of that unwanted wind across your property!  You, my friend, are a victim of wanton government run a muck and should be justly compensated as such.....