Author Topic: Pickup truck bed cover and bed liner  (Read 2903 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Pickup truck bed cover and bed liner
« Reply #-1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:43:31 PM »
Recently, I added a new bed cover and a new bed liner to my truck and am very pleased with both.

The cover is by Retrax (www.Retrax.com) is great in that it stops in any position along the length of the bed

The bed liner is by BEDRUG (www.BedRug.com) and is really different.  Art got a great new pickup a little over a year ago and he put a slide out in it which he coated with indoor/outdoor carpet to keep things from sliding.  This BedRug is has a soft backing which gives it a cushion and is topped with a outdoor carpet material.  It is all made together. Nothing slides around on it and you can haul anything in it that you can with a RHINO or other hard surface liner.  It will even stand up to battery acid. It cleans up with a blower, pressure wash, garden hose, or just sweeping.

So if y'all are interested in a cover or liner look at these two websites.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Pickup truck bed cover and bed liner
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:45:24 PM »
Sounds good Dee, thanks for the heads up on some good truck products  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »
Dang, now I need to get a truck!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 11:31:29 PM »

Me too David, the last couple of years is the first time since I was 16 years old I have not had a truck.I do have the Honda Element which is sort of like a truck, but I want a real truck with a big dog who will ride with me with his head out the window and hid tongue hanging out.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »
Time Out...y'all Que and you don't own a pickemuptruck???    Here is a little motivation for ya:

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 11:48:36 AM »
I wish Art would post pictures of his truck and the modifications he has made. It is really something to be proud of.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 05:52:19 PM »

Me too David, the last couple of years is the first time since I was 16 years old I have not had a truck.I do have the Honda Element which is sort of like a truck, but I want a real truck with a big dog who will ride with me with his head out the window and hid tongue hanging out.

Ken, when I get down to see you some day, I will ride in your truck with my head out the window and my tongue hanging out...  ;D ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 05:53:16 PM »

Ken, when I get down to see you some day, I will ride in your truck with my head out the window and my tongue hanging out...  ;D ;D

Somebody get that on video  :) :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »

That sounds like fun.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 10:06:53 PM »
but I want a real truck with a big dog who will ride with me with his head out the window and hid tongue hanging out.
Two that's a weekly happening with me and Lucy 8)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 11:50:01 AM »
Thanks for posting this Dee. Now I have to rethink this...   I've been looking around at various covers. This is definitely a consideration.
 What I had about settled on was a http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/hd/  Either the SE or HD model.
  I talked to a guy with the HD model on his truck while it had a Honda Foreman sitting on it. Pretty impressive...

So know, do I go stealth or do I go tough...?  We'll see the price points. That may be a factor.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »
Terry, If one were going to carry a bunch of stuff on top of the cover the Diamond would be better.  The RETRAX ain't made for that heavy stuff; however, there is the Pro model which will carry up to I think 500 lbs but I didn't get it  since I don't plan on carrying anything on the top.  Dee