Author Topic: Question on Joining KCBS  (Read 49211 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: Question on Joining KCBS
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
I will like to learn to be a BBQ Judge . do you think this is a good place to start ?
Depends on where you want to judge. If there are BBQ organizations near you I would contact them and see what their requirements are. For KCBS you need to take a class. Most organizations have their own criteria and certifications are not interchangeable.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 11:53:52 PM »
I will like to learn to be a BBQ Judge . do you think this is a good place to start ?
Depends on where you want to judge. If there are BBQ organizations near you I would contact them and see what their requirements are. For KCBS you need to take a class. Most organizations have their own criteria and certifications are not interchangeable.

I live in northern California.  I would love to become a bbq judge.  So.....I need too check somewhere.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 12:25:39 AM »

I live in northern California.  I would love to become a bbq judge.  So.....I need too check somewhere.
Go to the KCBS website. (http://kcbs.us/) It will give you the info you need and when classes are available in your area.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »

Go to the KCBS website. (http://kcbs.us/) It will give you the info you need and when classes are available in your area.

Thank you very much.  I'll check into it. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »
Im now spuds at KCBS.Just goes to show they'll take anyone,LOL  ::) ;D
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 06:48:13 PM »

Depending on how much you're willing to travel, the KCBS may not be the best choice.  I don't think they have any events coming anywhere near Capetown.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »

Depending on how much you're willing to travel, the KCBS may not be the best choice.  I don't think they have any events coming anywhere near Capetown.

Thanks . you guys are right .

BD
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber