Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4340 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: New Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »
Kiss my Grits Art!!!  I went by socalsmoker!!  Robbie is here as well..goes by the handle of Kora Smoker!!!  I don't know who lost the bet!!

I sent ya some avocados and ya sent me some Lakeside Grits....we both won!!!

Glad to have ya here ya old buzzard!!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 09:06:57 PM »
Welcome over here OD ;)

I was over at Pelletheads for a while and enjoyed your posts over there.

You will find yourself very comfortable and welcomed here ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Over Dunn

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »
Welcome OD.  We have communicated before, on another forum.  In fact, I believe I have several of your recipes on file.  I am in Morganton, NC.  Hub and I go two lunch when our "busy" schedules permit.

Art

AC, be sure and take a bottle of Texas Pete along with you, when you have lunch with the Hub. He always forgets his and complains about his meal!!  :P :-*

OD
GMG DANIEL BOONE
GMG JIM BOWIE
CharBroil CB500X
UDS
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Over Dunn

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
Glad you joined us Over Dunn and welcome from another pellet griller!

Took up comp cooking in June, this year, with Pellethead.Com team, and my NC buddy's bunch, Holy Smoke BBQ, with some amazing success, for a bunch of rookies.

Are you team mates with the administrator from the site?

If you mean Bentley, yes. Billy Merrill, me, Toddler, and Nick, all rookies, signed on to do our first comp, back in June at Apex, NC BBQ Fest. Billy got Bentley to come down and cook as the KCBS registered Pelletheads.Com team. 30 teams entered, and for some unexplainable reason, we won Grand Champion, $3000, a trip to the Royal Invitational in KC, and a chance to represent NC in the Jack Daniels World Championship, which had a drawing of thirteen Grand Champion NC bbq contest winners. Would you believe, our team got picked out of the hat!  So, the Jack and the Royal, in one season. Guess I'll retire, now. ???  Naw. Me, Billy, and hopefully, Hub, if we can pull him back out of retirement, again, will be cooking as Holy Smoke BBQ, next season. It's kinda like smoke, it gets in your blood!! ;D

OD
GMG DANIEL BOONE
GMG JIM BOWIE
CharBroil CB500X
UDS
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Over Dunn

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 12:41:51 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies and germs. (Old Uncle Miltie line). This old geezer appreciates it more than you might suspect.  :)  See if I can get this photo bucket of my able bodied, great grandson to work.  OD
GMG DANIEL BOONE
GMG JIM BOWIE
CharBroil CB500X
UDS
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline ZCZ

• Pellets Rule
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »
OD,
Enjoyed your company at the Royal. You've had quite the year! Is Memphis in May next up for Holy Smoke?  May as well go for it. You've come this far.
Z
2010 Memphis Advantage
2012 Memphis Select

<>< Jn 11:25-26

Offline Over Dunn

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 06:32:06 AM »
OD,
Enjoyed your company at the Royal. You've had quite the year! Is Memphis in May next up for Holy Smoke?  May as well go for it. You've come this far.
Z

Billy fired me, cause I wanted to bring my UDS! He's a true blue pellet popper.  Also, he said my brisket sucked! Got to work on that during the winter. We had a great time at the Jack. Hope to see you next year, somewhere.  ;)

OD
GMG DANIEL BOONE
GMG JIM BOWIE
CharBroil CB500X
UDS
Pit Barrel Cooker