Author Topic: 5Th Wheel Pics  (Read 3462 times)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
5Th Wheel Pics
« Reply #-1 on: January 06, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
So we traded or motor home in for a 5th wheel. Wow what a difference in features. On the MH i had more outside storage compartments but less inside, On the 5th wheel its just the opposite. We did get the rear living (RL) with 2 opposing 42" slides which slide the theatre seating and tv out.

This 5th wheel is the Coachmen 395rl 40' 8" All LED lighting throughout. Norcold 4 door fridge w/ice maker, ceiling fan above recliners. Came with one them dyson stick vacs.

Sorry kinda messy as we are still getting things arranged.

The tv is a smart tv with a dinky keyboard. am/fm, dolby, blue ray, theatre surround and all that stuff. Pantry is next to the tv. We do have a 3 burner and oven this time, microwave. We use one them nu wave induction tops anyways.

2 roof airs 15k and 25k, LPG furnace, 12 g hot water tank lpg or elec, 4 season insulation with heater pads under the tanks, corian tops, porcelain toilet, full size shower.

We got an extra room which went from a man cave to a sausage room to my wifes computer room. Lol Has a tv, radio, pull out bed and top fold down bunk. Only prob i got with that is when the bunk is up it blocks the window.

Above the pc room there is a loft with 450lb capacity, tv, cable and power hook ups. Great for storage now.

Hallway to the front bed room.

Queen bed with walk in cedar lined closet. There is a washer/dryer hook up in there but we opted not to get one.

Other inside shots.

Front outside pics.

Even a dinky fridge and sink outside, tv hook up also.

I still got stuff to find a home for.

So there it is. IMHO we should have done the 5th wheel years ago. My MH i traded in only had 2567 miles on it.  I was asking about a generator, saleslady said easier to buy a 3000i honda portable RV gen. We do have a plug outside for solar panels also.

Truck?

Yeah sometime in the middle of the year, Looking at the RAM 3500. This 5th wheel was made so you can tow with a short bed.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: 5Th Wheel Pics
« on: January 06, 2016, 05:13:06 PM »
Very nice, Rick.  One of these days I'll have to see it in person.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »
Dang, I could live in that! Rick, that is very nice - good for you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »
That's a beauty!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:52:29 PM »
Rick:  I live in South Florida and sure like the looks of your rig.  I think that I know some of the answers, but since you have experience with both, what are the pros and cons in your opinion with the motorhome vs 5th wheel?  My wife and I would like to make that choice some day.  I have always liked motor homes and my wife 5th wheels, but that is without ever had either.  Your expertise would be appreciated.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:04:35 PM »
That is really sweet Rick!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline RAD

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »
That is really sweet Rick!
What he said. Nice
Love to cook and eat

Offline Pappymn

5Th Wheel Pics
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for posting
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 09:12:19 PM »
What do you pull it with?
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »
... pros and cons... with the motorhome vs 5th wheel?

One important (to me) advantage of a 5th wheel over a motorhome is if you have vehicle problems you don't have to leave your house with the mechanic. On the other hand, it's easier to back up a motorhome than a 5th wheel.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline nepas

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »

One important (to me) advantage of a 5th wheel over a motorhome is if you have vehicle problems you don't have to leave your house with the mechanic. On the other hand, it's easier to back up a motorhome than a 5th wheel.

I used to drive semi. I can back anything up   :D :D :D
Flint

Offline Pappymn

5Th Wheel Pics
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 10:15:24 PM »

My father could back up blindfolded. I can not back up anything. My lack of brain power will not allow it. Just can't do it.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 10:24:37 PM »

My father could back up blindfolded. I can not back up anything. My lack of brain power will not allow it. Just can't do it.

Unfortunately, 'm with Pappy - feel bad for anyone waiting for me to launch a boat... Heck I can't even back up my hard drive!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline nepas

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:41 PM »
Rick:  I live in South Florida and sure like the looks of your rig.  I think that I know some of the answers, but since you have experience with both, what are the pros and cons in your opinion with the motorhome vs 5th wheel?  My wife and I would like to make that choice some day.  I have always liked motor homes and my wife 5th wheels, but that is without ever had either.  Your expertise would be appreciated.

On either the more $$ you plop down the more bells-n-whistles you get Most of the larger MH's and 5th wheels are 50 amp. You will need a 50a surge protector unless you have one wired inside.

Most RV's are filtered for water. We are triple filtered now. Never drink your fresh tank water, just use it for showering.

My opinions on MH vs 5th wheel. Keep in mind we had two MH's one 35' latest 38.9'

Motor homes. I'm sure there can be more added if you do lots of traveling in your MH.

Pro's both gas and deisel
lots of bottom outer storage compartments. (pass thru if you have a diesel pusher)
Fixed generators, rear for gas, forward for diesel.
Able to tow a vehicle
one to four slides.
diesel if your going to tow (better fuel mileage) able to tow heavier

Cons.

Large insurance
less inside storage
have to un hook, pull slides in every 3-4 months and drive it to keep things running right.
Have to use fuel stabilizer for long sit times.
Big $$ if you need engine or trans work and you have to get a motel (if your full time like us)
must have steering stabilizer for front blow outs
Gas to fill our tank was $311 every time. Maybe cheaper now with fuel prices low
If your not going to put thousands of miles on your MH its not worth it.
Un hook your tow vehicle to back up.
Leaky front windshields

5th Wheels

Pro's

Cheaper insurance (ours dropped $550 year)
more inside storage
1 to 6 slides.
4 season insulation
aluminum structure framing
1-2 bathrooms
walk in closets
full size shower (some with tubs)
2-3 axles (we have duel 10k dexter)
full size door pantry's
4 door fridge w/ice maker (you can get residential if you wanna pay more $$)
Moen faucets in kitchen & bath ( if needed i can go to lowes or home peepot to replace)
4 tvs
60 lbs of lpg
No need to un hook for long term stays.
Frameless windows
2 black tanks, 2 gray, 1 fresh
Able to tow with a shortbed.

Cons

Less outside storage (unless you have a unit like ours)
Generator depends on if you want to loose storage area.
Have to buy a truck eventually

I'm sure i will add more as we get used to the 5th wheel. So far we both like it

Flint

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 12:39:08 PM »

Unfortunately, 'm with Pappy - feel bad for anyone waiting for me to launch a boat... Heck I can't even back up my hard drive!

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC