Author Topic: Hello from Arkansas  (Read 3165 times)

Offline GaryC

Re: Hello from Arkansas
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 08:58:47 PM »
I've traveled through, Alabama and Tennessee have some beautiful spots.

Hi, Southern Ca- I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in the early 80's. You lucky dogs have some nice weather! At least when the hot wind isn't blowing!

Hey, I need some guidance if I may?

My smoker door on my SRG won't stay tight to the body. Any help is appreciated! (If I'm asking in the wrong forum- my apologies!

Gary

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 09:20:42 PM »
I've traveled through, Alabama and Tennessee have some beautiful spots.

Hi, Southern Ca- I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in the early 80's. You lucky dogs have some nice weather! At least when the hot wind isn't blowing!

Hey, I need some guidance if I may?

My smoker door on my SRG won't stay tight to the body. Any help is appreciated! (If I'm asking in the wrong forum- my apologies!

Gary
Top or bottom?   If the top is lose bend the tab to try and tighten the fit.   Got pictures of the fitting issue? 

And you are on the SRG forum on the net
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline GaryC

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »
The chip holder is loose at the top. It appears the tab on top isn't long enough to catch the flange. I can get it engaged on top, but once the chip holder settles lower into the housing the top falls out about 3/8".

I'll take a pic in the daytime. I tried pulling the tab to lengthen it but it was pretty stubborn. I can attach a tab/latch onto the body, but was hoping for an easier fix. Didn't know if this was a common problem or not.

Hope to try some of the mods when the new wears off. If the redhead catches me cutting holes in it, it may hurt her feelings since she just gave it to me for Christmas.

Thanks-

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 09:40:10 PM »
The chip holder is loose at the top. It appears the tab on top isn't long enough to catch the flange. I can get it engaged on top, but once the chip holder settles lower into the housing the top falls out about 3/8".

I'll take a pic in the daytime. I tried pulling the tab to lengthen it but it was pretty stubborn. I can attach a tab/latch onto the body, but was hoping for an easier fix. Didn't know if this was a common problem or not.

Hope to try some of the mods when the new wears off. If the redhead catches me cutting holes in it, it may hurt her feelings since she just gave it to me for Christmas.

Thanks-
I understand about the mods ;)    A picture will go a long way in figuring out your issue.
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Daze823

• BBQs, You can't have just one :)
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 09:25:21 AM »

Welcome to the forum... I too got a SRG from my wife for Christmas and ended up on this site...  You've come to the right place for info and recipes, I've made some great food since getting the SRG and joining this site, prior to then I only grilled and my food just wasnt as good when only grilling with gas...

Now I've got the itch and I'm in the market for another grill, I'm looking for something that uses charcoal;  I think I've decided on a weber kettle, and will get a slow and sear...

I've always grilled, but I love barbecue and never knew what I was missing, the challenge of getting the right temp, smoke, IT, rub, mix makes it a challenge and I always get a nice reward when it's all done.
TEC Patio II Infrared Grill
Charbroil, The Big Easy Smoker. Roaster & Grill (SRG)
Weber Premier Charcoal Grill

Offline Palmyrasteak

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 12:18:48 AM »
Howdy and welcome from South East Arkansas! This is the BEST place to learn about all types of cooking that you will ever find. For the most part, I grill..... A LOT. But I have been doing a good bit on the smoker over the past year or so. Picked up a lot of good tips on here. ENJOY  :D

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 11:13:24 AM »
Welcome from Minnesota.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 02:21:08 PM »
Welcome from Alabama.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware