Author Topic: Sizzle Monster / New Product for Weber Kettle Grill  (Read 6963 times)

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
Re: Sizzle Monster / New Product for Weber Kettle Grill
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 05:07:58 PM »
Actually that's not a bad price for what you get!
Home made charcoal ring from
Expanded metal & bolts $15, cast iron griddle from academy for defuser $15
Weber small charcoal lighter $12
Luckily I've got all 3 lying around but for $50 delivered its a good price.
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline hsinhanwu

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 08:35:06 PM »
I just saw this yesterday and thought it looked interesting. The price also looked pretty good to me as compared to some other Weber accessories.

http://www.sizzlemonster.com

I am not tied to this company or product in any way but thought someone might be interested. I would think it would cook a great steak at those temperatures.

Dave

Hi Dave: This is Hsinhan Wu, the inventor of Sizzle Monster, thank you so much for taking a look at my product.  We just launched it on Kickstarter yesterday to hope to make it a reality, please check it out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682470691/sizzle-monsterize-your-charcoal-grill

Thanks again. 

Offline hsinhanwu

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 08:38:41 PM »
Actually that's not a bad price for what you get!
Home made charcoal ring from
Expanded metal & bolts $15, cast iron griddle from academy for defuser $15
Weber small charcoal lighter $12
Luckily I've got all 3 lying around but for $50 delivered its a good price.

Hi: Please take advantage of our KickStarter period at only $25 + $12 shipping.  You will get the Sizzle Monster basket, heat diffuser, fire starter stand, and two handles!  Thank you very much for your interest:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682470691/sizzle-monsterize-your-charcoal-grill

Offline hsinhanwu

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 08:42:15 PM »
I wish that this was out before I got a Vortex. No don't get me wrong here, I love my Vortex but,  the Sizzle Monster seems to do more at a much more reasonable price!!!!

Thanks!  The highlight of Sizzle Monster is to be able to cook more food on the entire grill surface when you need to do indirect heat.  I have cooked lots of chicken, ribs, sweet potato, sausages all packed on the surface area when I used the heat diffuser.  It got just about the right temp for indirect cooking!  Please check out the video on the KickStarter.  Thanks.  Hsinhan

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682470691/sizzle-monsterize-your-charcoal-grill

Offline hsinhanwu

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 08:53:29 PM »
That is a cool looking device...I used to achieve the same thing using two Weber charcoal baskets set together in the center of the charcoal grate......

Thanks, that was where I came up with an idea; the two baskets from Weber is shallow and can hold maximum of 70 briquets(overflowing) while the Sizzle Monster can hold up around 105 which is about 50% more.  Because by the time the charcoals turned grey, I felt that the heat was not that high to properly sear a steak like the high end steak house does.  So I did some research and found that the steak house gets above 1000F so I began to test my chicken wire basket proto type!  Our current test data shows that Sizzle monster gets above 1100F while Weber gets around 720F, so that is one of the critical selling point.  The other one is the heat diffuser, I love eating juicy chicken and ribs and every time I have a party, I felt that I am one Weber grill short, so I came up with the idea to turn the hot spot into indirect heat by place a large piece of cast iron (now a diffuser), it worked out great. 

I am trying to make this invention a reality at KickStarter, please take a look at the videos: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682470691/sizzle-monsterize-your-charcoal-grill

Thanks!
Hsinhan Wu
Sizzle Monster Inventor

Offline hsinhanwu

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »

That is a cool looking device...I used to achieve the same thing using two Weber charcoal baskets set together in the center of the charcoal grate......

With the exception of the defuser, how would this be better or different then two Weber baskets? Learn me

Hi:
I have sent a feedback to smokeasaurus, the main difference between the Sizzle Monster and two weber baskets is that Sizzle Monster gets above 1100F while Weber capped at 720F, and to truly get steak house sear, >1000F needs to be achieved.  Thanks.

Offline hsinhanwu

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 09:00:27 PM »
I would have to see the SM out preform my cake pan. I've already seared steak and it works great. The pan looks great and I've used it quite a few times now so I think it will have a pretty good life span for $4 bucks. And when it dies I'll break down and get a new one. Just think , If I only get 4 months out of it the cost will be $12 a year...
 As for Fire Butler it looks to be built really well. When I have the money to spend I will most likely go that direction. Maybe get a second Kettle just for it.

Hi:
The cake pan is a great idea!  I used chicken wire to make a basket as a prototype.  Both are to have more charcoal for higher heat!  I put slots on the side of the Sizzle Monster so the heat can come out on the side more freely when I want to do indirect heat cooking with the diffuser on.  Cook on and enjoy! 

Hsinhan
Sizzle Monster Inventor

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 08:37:23 AM »
Just watched Mr. Wu's video on Kickstarter .
Jimmie Buffet playing in the background 8)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 12:36:40 PM »

With the exception of the defuser, how would this be better or different then two Weber baskets? Learn me

Hi:
I have sent a feedback to smokeasaurus, the main difference between the Sizzle Monster and two weber baskets is that Sizzle Monster gets above 1100F while Weber capped at 720F, and to truly get steak house sear, >1000F needs to be achieved.  Thanks.

That is some impressive heat, that's for sure  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »
I wish that this was out before I got a Vortex. No don't get me wrong here, I love my Vortex but,  the Sizzle Monster seems to do more at a much more reasonable price!!!!

I agree.  It would have been a tough decision choosing between those two.  The Vortex is a Wing Machine (hmmmm, maybe some wings tonight).

I'd be interested, but, Weber has ignored my repeated requests to produce a 26.75" Gourmet System cooking grate.

Mr. Wu, if can convince Weber to build one of those, I'll be the next line for you Sizzle Monster ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline hikerman

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »
Okay Mr Wu, I'm on board and awaiting my Sizzle Monster! 8)

Offline hsinhanwu

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 08:19:56 PM »
Very cool, I need some help spreading the words around to reach my Kickstarter goal...this crowd funding is much harder than I thought...thanks for your support!

Offline hikerman

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »
No problem Mr Wu! Looking forward to getting the Sizzle Monster and putting it to work preparing tasty food!
I've been showing it to my friends who have Weber kettles, I figure I can use it on my PK grill as well!
Good luck!