Author Topic: Hello From Californias Central Coast!  (Read 2354 times)

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
Re: Hello From Californias Central Coast!
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 01:35:14 PM »

I think there was a bag of hickory in that load, yes.   And I still have all 40 pounds of it sealed up tight and aging in a Kingsford Kaddy.   ;)

Offline Smokenovice

• Southern California
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »

I think there was a bag of hickory in that load, yes.   And I still have all 40 pounds of it sealed up tight and aging in a Kingsford Kaddy.   ;)

You're a lucky BBQr, they'll last forever until you need it for those special cooks  8)
MAK 2 Star General #700
Traeger BBQ075 Texas
Brinkmann Smoke'N Pit Charcoal Smoker & Grill
Barbeques Galore Capt'N Cook Endeavour Propane 3 Burner

Offline Sloman

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome everyone!!! It's really great to be here.  Patrick(Squirtthecat) was my very first Cookinpellets customer.  I picked up about 30 bags from Chris Becker while making a Burger King delivery in Racine Wi. back in 2010, and dropped him off a few bags at a truck stop outside of Springfield Il. on my way back to California.  Small world that it is, when I was making all the Taco meats on my grill Sunday I could not find my South of the Border seasoning.  I had a flashback to some seasoning Squirt had given me that night that had a nice bite to it called Soileau's.  I used it on the Flank steak,chicken and cod and it really came out nice, so thank you again for that.  Was wondering where you went, and here you are.
   Well, we have come a ways since those first 30 bags and Eric and I are working together to try and get affordable and high quality pellets to the West Coast and I think we are succeeding.  I am not sure what the rules are here so I will not go into pricing or shipping info until given an ok, but am pretty sure we will be bringing smiles to a lot of faces.
   I'm getting ready to throw a Meat loaf on the Grill, using a recipe from Hub, who I see here also and tomorrow I'm doing 16lbs of Pork Butt for a memorial dinner my mom is going to and using a rub given to me by Ray(Smokin Novice).  That's what the enjoyable part of this business is! It's not about the money, it's about the fun and the friendships..  Thanks for letting me join in...

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
Sloman,
We haven't communicated since the NC BBQ Crawl over a year ago.  I got to plan the event and then had to miss it due to my wife's hip surgery.  Didn't get to meet you then.  Welcome to this forum.  I am sure you have noticed that the environment is different than all the other forums, in a very positive way. 

If you get out this way (North Carolina that is) be sure to let us know so we can try to get a few friendly faces together for you.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline GrillGeek

• www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
Yes, folks, please contact myself or Larry for pellets in CA. We are working hard to bring the prices down in CA.  Also, I refer people to Larry when they are looking for a GMG in the central part of the state.  He's a great guy and we share the same passion for BBQ!
Owner of Simi Pellet Grills- The Pellet Grill Outfitters
www.pelletgrilloutfitters.com

805-285-2618

Offline Sloman

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 10:49:55 PM »
Hey Art, It was nice to find you here too.  It's been awhile..  And what the heck is up with our Vol's?  I thought my Cali Boy Brey was going to light things up down there, but he sure is struggling this year.  I stumbled into custody of a 12 year old grandson, so not sure when I will get in a truck again, but will let you know for sure if you do.

Thanks Eric, nice to be here with you and thanks for the invite.  Some good things happening today, will talk to you soon.