Author Topic: Looking for a new set up.  (Read 7873 times)

Offline ICE9

Re: Looking for a new set up.
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »
Your town house allows grills right....some don't....Some just allow electric grills

And yes our townhouse allows grills thankfully.

Offline Pappymn

Looking for a new set up.
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 11:24:11 AM »
And remember the grill grates have two sides. I find I use the flat side most of the time
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline ICE9

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 11:52:34 AM »
I just watched a video on how to use them I see they are placed over the stainless grate and then meat or other things on top of them, good thing I looked, I am such a noob. I see they make a non stick spray as well. I am definitely getting the chimney with the grill, I just wish Lowe's sold those grates too so I could get it all in one purchase, but patience is a virtue I suppose. I went with the deluxe because the propane light with the chimney seems really great. Having never really cooked on charcoal grill and such I am debating what I should try first using the baskets and managing direct and indirect heat. My fiance is giggling that I have put so much effort into the research but she will be amazed when she tastes the first grills haha! I spent 30 minutes going over these replies with her last night lol, she was like "So it won't have a side burner"? xD No,..love it won't have side burner.

Offline Pappymn

Looking for a new set up.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2016, 01:00:12 PM »
I had never cooked in charcoal until about 3 years ago. Got bit by the bug. Sold my Weber gas grill on CL to make room for it.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2016, 03:16:17 PM »
"So it won't have a side burner"?

Of course it will (but we call it an old saucepan or cast iron skillet over the coals).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »
I just watched a video on how to use them I see they are placed over the stainless grate and then meat or other things on top of them, good thing I looked, I am such a noob. I see they make a non stick spray as well. I am definitely getting the chimney with the grill, I just wish Lowe's sold those grates too so I could get it all in one purchase, but patience is a virtue I suppose. I went with the deluxe because the propane light with the chimney seems really great. Having never really cooked on charcoal grill and such I am debating what I should try first using the baskets and managing direct and indirect heat. My fiance is giggling that I have put so much effort into the research but she will be amazed when she tastes the first grills haha! I spent 30 minutes going over these replies with her last night lol, she was like "So it won't have a side burner"? xD No,..love it won't have side burner.

Your fiancĂ©e won't be giggling long now that you are hooked LOL.  This is just the start ;D ;D

Now you got to do research on the charcoals & how they burn etc.  I vote Blue Kingsford but that is me.  But get ready to take your "lumps" ;D

OK for around $20.00 for butane & for $30.00 to $40.00+ you can get a propane side burner that you can put on a small table if you want. I use a butane for my tailgating grilling?

I would think that a side burner would be a good wedding gift for her  ??? ??? ??? She did bring it up did she not? ;)

The big three LOL

1) Mortgage
2) Car
3) Grilling
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »
You made a very smart choice with the Weber Performer.

I suggest you grab the cover for it and the Weber charcoal baskets and you are in great shape.  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »

I suggest you grab the cover for it and the Weber charcoal baskets and you are in great shape.  8)

Boy we are good at spending other peoples Money ;) :D ;D ;D ;D  LOL

I hop he has enough for the $60.00 steaks
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »

Boy we are good at spending other peoples Money ;) :D ;D ;D ;D  LOL

I hop he has enough for the $60.00 steaks
Don't forget the Fire Butler!   ;D ;D ;D
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2016, 05:53:36 PM »
I love my Weber Performer, I can cook so many different ways with it. I also have a 2 burner CharBroil Infrared that is a great little gas grill. My The Big Easy infrared cooker gets a lot of use but my favorite cooker is the Camp Chef 3 burner gas stove.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
Wait I was wrong we are good at keeping people from making mistakes & wasting money :D ;D ;D

Anyway you look at it he made a good purchase(s)(s)(s)(s)  LOL
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 07:16:10 PM »
Wait I was wrong we are good at keeping people from making mistakes & wasting money :D ;D ;D

I think we would be all a bunch richer if we didn't hang around each other.......but I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 07:45:14 PM »

I think we would be all a bunch richer if we didn't hang around each other.......but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

My mom warned me about people like you all :D ;) ;) ;) ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 12:49:03 AM »

My mom warned me about people like you all :D ;) ;) ;) ;D

And did you listen to her.....? ::) ::) ::)
I sure didn't!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 12:56:40 AM »
I have decided to go Weber performer 22. =D

http://www.lowes.com/pd_622600-505-15301001___?productId=50330251&pl=1&Ntt=weber+charcoal

Thanks for all the input guys, very valuable. Any grate upgrade recommendations?

Hey, ICE, sorry to be late to chime in - but I do think you made an excellent choice - I love my Performer. When I use it, I don't use the chimney - just pile the charcoal around the igniter and fire it up - it does an excellent job. I too like the Grill Grates (but rarely use them on the Weber as I have Craycort cast iron grates that do an excellent job.) I use the Grill Grates on a gas grill. Like Pappy, I tend to use the flat side more often than the grate side.

I too use Kingsford Blue - they work well for me, and I know what to expect. Might add some wood chips of different varieties from time to time, but knowing what to expect from my charcoal lets me concentrate on other things. I'm NOT saying Kingsford is the best - just that I know it the best for me. You will find your own.

I don't normally have the patience for a stick burner and when I use gas it feels like I am cooking in the kitchen - charcoal is my Goldilocks... just right. There is a learning curve, there is an art, there is a science, and it just plain tastes good!

Have fun and please share your experiences.

Cheers!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #