Author Topic: My 40th "special" Anniversary is tonight  (Read 561 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

My 40th "special" Anniversary is tonight
« Reply #-1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »
40 years ago today was my first Genesis concert in Boston........I am closing in on 100 concerts between Genesis & their solo concerts. It is a wonderful day for me. Tonight I go into my special video room with a bottle of Lake Country Red Wine & my Genesis DVD’s Just me & the music. I know Steve is on stage outside Montreal with one of his great concerts. I will miss that but I will have the next best with their DVD's.

I will have just a steak & salad for dinner tonight to soak up some of the wine.

Genesis:  I thank you all for the past 40 years & I am looking forward to the next 40 LOL. keep putting out the great music guys I can't wait for your next album (group or solo) It has been a pleasure meeting you all a few times over the years you got me through my bad times but you made the good times even better.

What a weekend I saw some great friends that I have not seen in almost 30 years last night. Very special people!!!! I hope we will see each other more often in the coming years as well as my other good friends that were there last night.

Thanks Mark for cooking Steak, Chicken, Burgers, & sausage (hot & mild).  thanks BT & Liza for hosting.

Today is my special day! With the group that has always done it their own special way!

Man does not live by Genesis alone! Go Saint Louis Blues I feel this is going to be your Year....The Killer B's
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:35:27 PM by Tailgating is my game »
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: My 40th "special" Anniversary is tonight
« on: April 10, 2016, 03:29:08 PM »
Awesome story TIMG!! I know what you mean, music has a way of being a soundtrack to our lives. Genesis has been and is a great band! I like the Phil years better than the Peter years but I also LOVE Pete as a solo artist. The So album was one of my faves. The music still holds up. Phil on his own was great too as was Mike and Tony's side projects. All those guys are very talented. I also like bands from the same era like Journey (who I'm going to see June 8th, got some GREAT seats!), Rush, Van Halen (Sammy & DLR versions both), The Cars, Cheap Trick, Boston....basically anything that is now considered classic rock.

Enjoy the night friend! I'll raise my glass of Diet Coke to you sir ;)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!