Author Topic: Why I am here...  (Read 9526 times)

Offline Pappymn

Why I am here...
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 07:26:12 PM »
Can somebody send me the Cliff's notes on Tee's speech?

the post you are referring to was only a ramble before the preamble...then there is the document itself....and some amendments.....and.... ::) :o 8) ;D

But - challenge yourself to read it...Who knows - you might even feel proud of yourself Pappy. I don't think I used any $5 words :D :D :D
Well you did say ladies underwear, which got me curious :)
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Why I am here...
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »
... I don't think I used any $5 words

But, as usual, you used a whole lotta 10¢ words when a few penny thoughts would have done the job.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline hikerman

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
  ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Offline tailfeathers

• To blessed to be distressed!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2016, 11:45:39 PM »
I also got myself tangled up a little bit on another forum and got a pm from another member to check out this one. Sure glad I did!!!!!
Bradley 6 rack digital w/ 900w mod
auber pid
Rec Tec 680
Ducane gasser
weber kettles
Anova precision SV
Kitchenaide mixer/chef's choice grinder
LEM stuffer
Vacmaster VP112 chamber sealer
A-maze-n Qmatz/tubes
Cabela's 10" slicer
Cook-Air grill
Cabela's 80L dehydrator

Offline Ericd3043

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 01:25:21 AM »
To be honest, I found this forum when I really started to getting into smoking.  I graduated in the fall with my degree in Supply Chain Management.  At 42, that took a lot of time and I needed something to fill the time I had spent studying.

That said, I had no experience on other forums but like the help I get here in trying to develop my skills.  My wife has always liked my grilling (came from the experience cooking with the Scouts).  This just gives me some more practice and new ideas.  I appreciate the help I have received as well as the positive feedback when I get it "right"

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 10:41:04 AM »
To be honest, I found this forum when I really started to getting into smoking.  I graduated in the fall with my degree in Supply Chain Management.  At 42, that took a lot of time and I needed something to fill the time I had spent studying.

That said, I had no experience on other forums but like the help I get here in trying to develop my skills.  My wife has always liked my grilling (came from the experience cooking with the Scouts).  This just gives me some more practice and new ideas.  I appreciate the help I have received as well as the positive feedback when I get it "right"

Glad you found us first  :)   some of the other forums will have you headed for the hills....some ugly stuff goes on  :(
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2016, 10:49:10 AM »
... I don't think I used any $5 words

But, as usual, you used a whole lotta 10¢ words when a few penny thoughts would have done the job.

Such sage advice from a hard shelled "sage grazer"....... :D :D :D...Like that - Turtle? ;D 8) ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ericd3043

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 02:09:53 PM »

Glad you found us first  :)   some of the other forums will have you headed for the hills....some ugly stuff goes on  :(

I gathered as much from reading things here.  I have dealt with trolls, etc on other boards for other topics - so much so that I just dropped off the boards completely for years.  Of course, I did not have time with going back to school, but still - I just lost interest in the hobby because of it.

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 04:57:40 PM »
The people. 
Can cook anyway you want.
The people.
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
I guess I will add my tale of woe :)

I, not so long ago, was a moderator then an admin on another forum. I thought that I had done a good job of managing the place but 2 of the more veteran members who were also mods thought that I answered to them and it really set them off that I was made an admin. I guess you can chalk it up to jealousy. It's funny because it's not a paid position, it's not something you can put on a resume, it's just volunteer work. There is absolutely no reason to get jealous about it. The PMs behind the scenes had them lobbying for my removal. There were folks in my camp and theirs. Some wanted them banned, I just wanted them to act like adults. We all got a little heated but it was between the 3 of us via PMs. When they took private conversations and started posting them on the forum, it wore on me to the point that I decided to delete my own account and leave. Both of them had been stripped of their mod status and one of them was banned. I have been gone from there 5 months and have no intention of returning, I have a new home and I am glad to be rid of the drama! I hope that I never see that here, I can't take it again, lol. As for the 2 of them, I am still angry at what they did but in the end I wish them both the best in life. It's just a BBQ forum, no need to carry permanent hatred for someone over BBQ :P

There are some here that know of this, one from their side and one from my side. I am asking the both of you (you know who you are) to not chime in here about this. The past is the past, let's leave it there shall we? I'd much rather be friendly to all than to start more drama ;)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pappymn

Why I am here...
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »
Only drama around here is provided by Tee
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RG

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »

Pfftt! Tell me about it! :)  ::)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2016, 08:56:06 PM »

Carefull R.G...you DO NOT want your dues to be the "Gold Club" bracket with Pappy's.... :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 08:58:28 PM »

Carefull R.G...you DO NOT want your dues to be the "Gold Club" bracket with Pappy's.... :D :D :D

Sir! Yes Sir! 8)

Offline Roget

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »
Sports forums are the worst!!!
I have been a member of a certain sports forum for many years. When I first joined I seldom posted. I just "hung around". When I started posting I was berated because I didn't know as much as many of the other members. Actually told that I shouldn't post because I didn't know what I was talking about. One poster replied to one of my posts by referring to me as Nancy. Others piled on. I no longer post on that forum. It just isn't worth the grief. I do still visit and read because I care about the team and the program.

I was also on another grilling forum for a while. After some health issues during which I was not predisposed to spend time on the computer, I tried to find the forum only to find the site no longer existed. This forum seems to be very friendly. (much like a smoking forum I am also a member of) Unfortunately, on many of  the forums there is an inner circle which a new member can never hope to become a part of.
Also on many forums, replies primarily consist of pats on the back, rather than real conversation. I hope any contribution I might be able to make will elicit more than just "atta boys". (although I don't mind being told I did a good job, or that you like what you see). 
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner