Author Topic: Why I am here...  (Read 9527 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Why I am here...
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 11:42:18 AM »
I agree about the sports forums  ???    Heck, even the team pages on Facebook can get quite nasty  :(
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 12:48:20 PM »
Sports forums are the worst!!!
I have been a member of a certain sports forum for many years. When I first joined I seldom posted. I just "hung around". When I started posting I was berated because I didn't know as much as many of the other members. Actually told that I shouldn't post because I didn't know what I was talking about. One poster replied to one of my posts by referring to me as Nancy. Others piled on. I no longer post on that forum. It just isn't worth the grief. I do still visit and read because I care about the team and the program.

I was also on another grilling forum for a while. After some health issues during which I was not predisposed to spend time on the computer, I tried to find the forum only to find the site no longer existed. This forum seems to be very friendly. (much like a smoking forum I am also a member of) Unfortunately, on many of  the forums there is an inner circle which a new member can never hope to become a part of.
Also on many forums, replies primarily consist of pats on the back, rather than real conversation. I hope any contribution I might be able to make will elicit more than just "atta boys". (although I don't mind being told I did a good job, or that you like what you see).

There was a time at one of the gatherings that a member was upset because his food was not ready on time & we caught it on video.

Besides that we all get along.......Even Tommy when he found out they shipped his new cook house to me by mistake....I told him I would invite him up & he was good with it.
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »
The booze does flow freely at the gatherings I hear  :D :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline 4cornersmoker

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
I'm also on a certain kettle site. And because I post pictures of my Hasty Bake, Good One, rotten Egg & PBC amongst my Weber pictures I'm not well received by many on the site.  But a few friends will comment on my post.  So I hang in there. I've got admit that I like to pull some chains on a few of them.
High on Smoke was on that site & invited me to this great site where ALL grills & smokers are treated with due respect. I don't say or post much on this site, but I do look every day. Looking & learning. The kettle site is having a Smoke Day on Saturday I will be lighting every smoker & posting all my cooks.
Could be my last hurrah, you never know. Just kidding.....they love me over there   LOL.
Anyway I love this site because all makes & models are accepted here. Outstanding & keep up the good work people.
By the way can't way for Smokeasuraus next review, how about the M1grill?  a Hasty Bake on steroids. Would love to see this one in action.
Keep grilling & keep chilling,
4cournersmoker
18.8 Weber one touch, 22.5 Weber Performer,18.5 WSM, Weber go anywhere, smoky joe Bronc smoker, med green egg, & PBC. Hasty Bake 414, The Good One Open Range.