Author Topic: Favorite Smoking Wood?  (Read 6819 times)

Offline 1Bigg_ER

Re: Favorite Smoking Wood?
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 09:46:01 PM »
When wood is well lit you won't be able to tell the difference.
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2016, 09:49:32 PM »
I'm loving plum wood lately.  Sweet and a good aroma filing the backyard.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline SouthGAQue

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2016, 09:54:10 AM »
Peach is my go to wood.  I also use cherry or apple some.  I use Baxter's Original --  http://baxtersoriginal.com/index.html .  I see a lot of the competition teams around GA/FL are using Baxters.

Baxter has some great woods, but it kills on the shipping charge. Almost as much to ship to my house and I live in Georgia then what the actual wood costs.  That is why I buy all mine from Fruitawood plus I like that you can break down a shipment into different types. Plus NO shipping charge.

Just did a test order at both Fruitawood & Baxters Orginal. 1 box each of Peach, Apple & Hickory chunks.  Fruitawood are 15# boxes while Baxters are 20# boxes.  With shipping charges from Baxters included,  I ended up with $2.36/lb delivered by Fruitawood and $2.39/lb delivered by Baxters.   That's pretty much dead even.
Assassin 17 Gravity Feed Smoker
2 UDS
Chargiller Offset
Weber Kettle
Charbroil Gasser.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2016, 10:53:24 AM »
Did a little snooping around and found this. While the types of wood are limited, the price is excellent.
Mark's Tree Farm sells Wild Cherry, Hickory, Apple lg. and sm. box, Red Oak, and their variety box which includes a mix of apple, cherry, and hickory.
25# - 30# boxes of 2" - 4" chunks, 1.7 cu.ft.  of wild cherry $29.50 free ground shipping. Less than $1.00/lb delivered! I see an order coming very soon! :D

www.bestbarbecuewood.com