Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend 2016  (Read 3107 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2016
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »
There has been lots of blood shed and many a tear shed for us to be where we are. Really, we should be thanking and honoring these heroes every damn day! To all those that have fought for our freedom, I thank you. Those that are living and still carrying the scars from that fight are a National Treasure. I thank all that are still with us, LEO and Military as well as those gone but NOT forgotten.

Let's have a moment of silence to reflect on that for a bit while we sip a cold one, flipping burger and dogs on our grills today. They are the reason we're able to enjoy this freedom ;)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 12:01:05 PM »
Thank you for posting. Freedom is not free it was won with the lives of those we honor today and should honor every day by doing our best to preserve that freedom for future generations.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »
My heart is today with all the families who have lost a loved one in the service of our country, but especially with the survivors of those 58,000 very special men and women who didn't come back from Viet Nam.  Those of us who served during that era carry a special place in our hearts.  Words cannot describe it.

Hub

Perfectly said Hub! As one that served during that era I will never forget!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »
My heart is today with all the families who have lost a loved one in the service of our country, but especially with the survivors of those 58,000 very special men and women who didn't come back from Viet Nam.  Those of us who served during that era carry a special place in our hearts.  Words cannot describe it.

Hub

Perfectly said Hub! As one that served during that era I will never forget!

As a Viet Nam vet ... +1!!!!
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG