Author Topic: Tommy cook per his request  (Read 3417 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Tommy cook per his request
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 02:53:15 PM »
Next time flip the GG's over and get sear marks.   the taste might be a little better

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. I'd rather cook on a flat top and get an all over sear versus cooking on a raised grid and only getting sear "marks".
Reason I said flip them was to toast the bread crumbs and not sear all of them.   It's good either way but to me toasted bread crumbs and a little char works wonders.   To much char an breaded steak to me is as good but thats just me

My uncle would cut up NY strip and cook them with bread crumbs  mighty good eats  ;) 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
Next time flip the GG's over and get sear marks.   the taste might be a little better

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. I'd rather cook on a flat top and get an all over sear versus cooking on a raised grid and only getting sear "marks".
Reason I said flip them was to toast the bread crumbs and not sear all of them.   It's good either way but to me toasted bread crumbs and a little char works wonders.   To much char an breaded steak to me is as good but thats just me

My uncle would cut up NY strip and cook them with bread crumbs  mighty good eats  ;)

Interesting, your uncle would cut up a NY strip cook them with bread crumbs? Or bread them with bread crumbs? I would like to know more please.  that sound very good  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »

Interesting, your uncle would cut up a NY strip cook them with bread crumbs? Or bread them with bread crumbs? I would like to know more please.  that sound very good  :)
my late uncle would cut NY strip in half long ways dip in oil and  cover in Italian bread crumbs.  Then he would grill on Med heat till done.  Oh so good
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 09:37:36 PM »

my late uncle would cut NY strip in half long ways dip in oil and  cover in Italian bread crumbs.  Then he would grill on Med heat till done.  Oh so good

Ok that does sound good  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle