Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Ka Honu

Re: What Happened?
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 01:13:00 AM »
....who knows where all the electrons go when they stray from their intended target?

Among other things I think that's how nuclear weapons are detonated (which explains a lot about human behavior).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 06:55:18 AM »
bring the shovel...quickly!
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 09:01:22 AM »
Weather can delete posts?

What post was deleted?

Weather can wreak havoc with signal integrity. Signal integrity is germane to the continuity or corruption of any data stream. The data stream that allows us to download anything currently posted to LTBBQ - as well as allowing the possibility of an upload of said data.
Try try your cell phone as an example. During weather events - you may not be able to make , hold, or connect calls that otherwise you could have made. And - that weather even may not be visible to you - just somewhere between you and th call recipient. Should your bandwidth drop at the moment that you are sending a larger file - such as in a text - you may or may not receive a notification of the "bounce". It happens.

So - for clarification - weather cannot "delete" a post. But interferential weather conditions anywhere along the digital pipeline required to get your data from your computer - to the server where everything is posted - can cause a "non-post" of the data.. You type it - you push the button...then you come back to it in a moment - and POOF - why is it not here? See above as ONE of many weird things that can happen out in the digital universe.... ;D

And - lastly... no one here has the time or desire to ratchet up anyone else's difficulty in life. We are not all powerful. Tho, sometimes I would wish I could blink, and have another bowl of ice cream, or be hunting in New Zealand....I can't. :D
And, no one else at the level of Admin or Moderator has admitted to me that they have special powers either - so......who knows where all the electrons go when they stray from their intended target? ::) 8) ;D

Not sure if I am reading into this a little too much, I know things get lost in typing versus speaking but I sense defensiveness here. I assure you I was asking my question with all sincerity. I appreciate the answer. My only question in regards to that is what if he posted the post and actually saw it posted? I can't speak for Jack so I don't know that to be the case. I simply was trying to be helpful. That's all. For all I know, the whole thing is an inside joke that is clearly lost on me, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »
Weather can delete posts?

What post was deleted?

Weather can wreak havoc with signal integrity. Signal integrity is germane to the continuity or corruption of any data stream. The data stream that allows us to download anything currently posted to LTBBQ - as well as allowing the possibility of an upload of said data.
Try try your cell phone as an example. During weather events - you may not be able to make , hold, or connect calls that otherwise you could have made. And - that weather even may not be visible to you - just somewhere between you and th call recipient. Should your bandwidth drop at the moment that you are sending a larger file - such as in a text - you may or may not receive a notification of the "bounce". It happens.

So - for clarification - weather cannot "delete" a post. But interferential weather conditions anywhere along the digital pipeline required to get your data from your computer - to the server where everything is posted - can cause a "non-post" of the data.. You type it - you push the button...then you come back to it in a moment - and POOF - why is it not here? See above as ONE of many weird things that can happen out in the digital universe.... ;D

And - lastly... no one here has the time or desire to ratchet up anyone else's difficulty in life. We are not all powerful. Tho, sometimes I would wish I could blink, and have another bowl of ice cream, or be hunting in New Zealand....I can't. :D
And, no one else at the level of Admin or Moderator has admitted to me that they have special powers either - so......who knows where all the electrons go when they stray from their intended target? ::) 8) ;D

Not sure if I am reading into this a little too much, I know things get lost in typing versus speaking but I sense defensiveness here. I assure you I was asking my question with all sincerity. I appreciate the answer. My only question in regards to that is what if he posted the post and actually saw it posted? I can't speak for Jack so I don't know that to be the case. I simply was trying to be helpful. That's all. For all I know, the whole thing is an inside joke that is clearly lost on me, lol.

X2
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 04:28:59 PM »
RG...

It IS a joke!!

I'm usually the one getting piled on. 

I put up the post about a new bag from FoodSaver.  A day or two later, it was gone...could not find it anywhere.
That's when I posted "what happened".  It mysteriously reappeared.

These guys are always pranking me...I'm used to it.  Lots of times they twist my posts around and then come on with a bunch of cockamamie answers that make no sense at all. (see above).

It's all good clean fun...
<><

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 04:43:13 PM »
RG...

It IS a joke!!

I'm usually the one getting piled on. 

I put up the post about a new bag from FoodSaver.  A day or two later, it was gone...could not find it anywhere.
That's when I posted "what happened".  It mysteriously reappeared.

These guys are always pranking me...I'm used to it.  Lots of times they twist my posts around and then come on with a bunch of cockamamie answers that make no sense at all. (see above).

It's all good clean fun...
We love you Jack  ;)    Your like my much older brother  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »
Well luckily I got to see your post about the new Foodsaver bags before it disappeared. I will be looking for some.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 05:37:58 PM »
Don't make me come over there Tommy...                 ;)
<><

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 06:11:21 PM »
Plan on May Jack  ;)   Hope to be over surgeries and I want to have everyone over for a "Break in" for the SHED!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Plan on May Jack  ;)   Hope to be over surgeries and I want to have everyone over for a "Break in" for the SHED!
May sounds good, football over , wife off for summer & most importantly it"s not too hot!
Just not first weekend of May schools not out yet.
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
But- the REAL joke is that "WE" did NOTHING. That is what I am trying to convey without anyone getting panties in a wad - or feeling picked on. :D Just the facts. My prior attempt to explain was just that - and some teasing about ALL of you thinking that Admins and Mods can commit magic. I think RG - I may have come across in a way that I did not intend. I apologize if my post read as smarmy, or ill-tempered. That really was not how I wanted it to come across. I was trying to say plainly how these things may happen. Literally. Why? Because a lot of folks may not know and I use the word may - because WE don't know.

When we DO delete a post - it is DELETED.... We have no "cold storage locker" for deleted posts or threads. When they are gone they are gone.. Poof...Buh-bye.....So that this one disappeared then re-appeared is...well - crazy for sure, but even more-so, because we the "staff" had nothing to do with it.

We have ZERO hidden agendas folks,  and - we love everyone ( Jesus most tho... ;) ) and EVEN cannot read YOUR private messages to one another....I disabled that function when setting up LTBBQ. Because we respect YOU and the definition of PRIVATE MESSAGE. Flatly - I don't care what folks talk about privately, and really do not want to know if it is not addressed to me. I don't even care if it is about me. I sleep pretty well at nite. :D
I recognize that this might be hard to believe, because most of us have been subjected to other places that may have been run with a less than truly open policy, or as I like to put it member driven... but, I hope that you can truly, honestly understand when I give you my word about something - it is done exactly that way.

I have 2 business that consume ALL of my real time. I hope you understand that I do not need - nor desire any feeling of "control" here.  Nor do any of the other folks that volunteer their time to help keep LTBBQ running smoothly. There is no "power" in owning, or running a BBQ cooking forum  :D :D :D At least - not for anyone that has a real life, and responsibilities. My job - is to be a search assistant, and janitor. Just to keep things neat and tidy. There is not enough money on planet Earth for me to consider LTBBQ a "power base". You are my friends. Real friends do no desire to dominate one another.  You folks - the membership have created the fantastic, fun, and trusting environment that we have here. Lets not begin to allow misplaced  fear and suspicion to ruin what we have here.
If you ask a question - ON MY NAME - I swear that you will receive an honest answer.

And - It is not- unnoticed that we have had members here that have tried to tone down this subject with humor. I appreciate that.  Lets Talk BBQ is exists for ONE reason...as a place where all are treated with equal respect, and having fun, respecting others - and keeping it family friendly are our ONLY agendas.

Now, you have heard everything from me ( and then some) on this subject - and the more important underlying feeling that some may have suspicioned "foul play" on the part of LTBBQ personnel. THAT will never happen or be tolerated.

There is nothing more I can contribute here. I hope that your questions ( whether step as posts or things you were wondering about ) have been answered.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2016, 08:05:56 PM »
But- the REAL joke is that "WE" did NOTHING. That is what I am trying to convey without anyone getting panties in a wad - or feeling picked on. :D Just the facts. My prior attempt to explain was just that - and some teasing about ALL of you thinking that Admins and Mods can commit magic. I think RG - I may have come across in a way that I did not intend. I apologize if my post read as smarmy, or ill-tempered. That really was not how I wanted it to come across. I was trying to say plainly how these things may happen. Literally. Why? Because a lot of folks may not know and I use the word may - because WE don't know.

When we DO delete a post - it is DELETED.... We have no "cold storage locker" for deleted posts or threads. When they are gone they are gone.. Poof...Buh-bye.....So that this one disappeared then re-appeared is...well - crazy for sure, but even more-so, because we the "staff" had nothing to do with it.

We have ZERO hidden agendas folks,  and - we love everyone ( Jesus most tho... ;) ) and EVEN cannot read YOUR private messages to one another....I disabled that function when setting up LTBBQ. Because we respect YOU and the definition of PRIVATE MESSAGE. Flatly - I don't care what folks talk about privately, and really do not want to know if it is not addressed to me. I don't even care if it is about me. I sleep pretty well at nite. :D
I recognize that this might be hard to believe, because most of us have been subjected to other places that may have been run with a less than truly open policy, or as I like to put it member driven... but, I hope that you can truly, honestly understand when I give you my word about something - it is done exactly that way.

I have 2 business that consume ALL of my real time. I hope you understand that I do not need - nor desire any feeling of "control" here.  Nor do any of the other folks that volunteer their time to help keep LTBBQ running smoothly. There is no "power" in owning, or running a BBQ cooking forum  :D :D :D At least - not for anyone that has a real life, and responsibilities. My job - is to be a search assistant, and janitor. Just to keep things neat and tidy. There is not enough money on planet Earth for me to consider LTBBQ a It has never really been needed. You folks - the membership have created the environment that we have here. Lets not begin to allow fear and suspicion to ruin what we have here.
If you ask a question - ON MY NAME - I swear that you will receive an honest answer.

And - It is not- unnoticed that we have had members here that have tried to tone down this subject with humor. I appreciate that.  Lets Talk BBQ is exists for ONE reason...as a place where all are treated with equal respect, and having fun, respecting others - and keeping it family friendly are our ONLY agendas.

Now, you have heard everything from me ( and then some) on this subject - and the more important underlying feeling that some may have suspicioned "would play" on the part of LTBBQ personnel. THAT will never happen or be tolerated.

There is nothing more I can contribute here. I hope that your questions ( whether step as posts or things you were wondering about ) have been answered.

It is the same way we run our Jet site..it is the right way
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
Never mind...I found it!

I think we can stop trying to milk this dead horse                     ;) :P :thumbup:
<><