Author Topic: The New PK 360 Grill  (Read 15829 times)

Offline tomcrete1

Re: The New PK 360 Grill
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 05:19:53 PM »
Martha over at PK told me about a new model a couple of years ago and it is finally here.

Smoke this is virtually the same size grill with a central stand, nice tables and all the accessories.

I agree that they need a larger model but this is not the same grill, all the vents have been changed and the bottom ones are really different they also resolved the ash issue falling out the bottom vents and the it opens  much like a conventional grill from the front not from the side. If look at the PK site you'll see all the differences. Is it worth the price I'll leave that up to each individual but it would be cool to purchase this knowing that you could hand it down from one generation to another without it rusting out

Just Sayin... :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »
Martha over at PK told me about a new model a couple of years ago and it is finally here.

Smoke this is virtually the same size grill with a central stand, nice tables and all the accessories.

I agree that they need a larger model but this is not the same grill, all the vents have been changed and the bottom ones are really different they also resolved the ash issue falling out the bottom vents and the it opens  much like a conventional grill from the front not from the side. If look at the PK site you'll see all the differences. Is it worth the price I'll leave that up to each individual but it would be cool to purchase this knowing that you could hand it down from one generation to another without it rusting out

To my bad son I leave 2,000,000

For my good son that has always been at my side I leave my PK Grill
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 07:33:57 PM »

To my bad son I leave 2,000,000

For my good son that has always been at my side I leave my PK Grill

Hahaha lol love it! Sadly two mil may not be much down the road! But you could still do a butt proper!  :D

Offline 70monte

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 01:54:19 AM »
I also got sticker shock when I saw the price.  I would like to try one out but at that price Its probably not going to happen, especially since it's not much bigger than their other model.  I think they probably wanted to keep the portable aspect of PK grills and is why the size didn't get as big as people had hoped.  There is rumor that they are going to come out with an XL version that more closely resembles the original style.

I wish that they would offer the PK 360 without the accessories and lower the price.  That could shave a couple of hundred dollars off of the price.  I have most of the PK accessories that come with the first run of 360's anyway so I don't need them again.

I'm waiting to see some reviews after people actually receive one to decide if it's something I might save up for in the future.

Wayne
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 08:24:45 AM »
Was going to order the 360 but the size kept haunting me only 60 sq in bigger. I needed something to cook for larger gatherings and after thinking about I decided to go with another PBC. I'll wait for the bigger PK to be released
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline 70monte

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 10:59:41 AM »
I remembered that the 22" Weber Kettle is 363 square inches so this new PK is almost as big as that.  I personally wouldn't need anything larger than a 22" Weber Kettle.  My problem is that for the cost of the new PK, you don't get much room.  PK is targeting this new grill at the ceramic grills according to their website and the info that has been put out and is why I they have it priced like they do.

There is a guy on the PK Grill Fanatics section on Facebook that claims to have seen this new grill up close and said it's very nice and well thought out.

Wayne
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 11:38:58 AM »
Was going to order the 360 but the size kept haunting me only 60 sq in bigger. I needed something to cook for larger gatherings and after thinking about I decided to go with another PBC. I'll wait for the bigger PK to be released

I am with you Tom. The PBC holds so much food in a small footprint. I am going to wait patiently for the "larger" PK offering.........I just hope I live that long  ;D

I am also a little concerned about the what the price will be for a "larger" offering...............might make me look at the Weber kamado which is 24".......it can really hold the grub......................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 01:45:44 PM »

I am with you Tom. The PBC holds so much food in a small footprint. I am going to wait patiently for the "larger" PK offering.........I just hope I live that long  ;D

I am also a little concerned about the what the price will be for a "larger" offering...............might make me look at the Weber kamado which is 24".......it can really hold the grub......................

Good point! :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2016, 01:59:09 PM »

Lowers price I seen for the Weber Summet Kamado is $1499.95 at FireCraft.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline 70monte

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 08:41:09 PM »
Well, I did break weak and ordered the new PK360.  I decided the size would not be a real issue since I have other grills and don't plan on getting rid of all of them.  I guess watching the video's on this new grill too many times put me over the edge and I decided I needed to have one. LOL

Wayne
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 09:11:21 PM »
Well, I did break weak and ordered the new PK360.  I decided the size would not be a real issue since I have other grills and don't plan on getting rid of all of them.  I guess watching the video's on this new grill too many times put me over the edge and I decided I needed to have one. LOL

Wayne

Congrats! I'm Jealous, can't wait to see your review and cooks on the 360! :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline old sarge

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »
Looks interesting. One could get 2 of the original PK grills for that price and have some change left over (for meat).   Or go for the weber ranch kettle for a couple hundred more and no meat. But I do like the 360.  Looks like a lot of thoughtful engineering went into it. Should be a high end winner.
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline 70monte

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »
It is a lot of money to spend for the size of it but it should last a life time and addresses some of the shortcomings of the original PK grill for me.  I like that it is taller and has two big shelves.  I like that the ash is contained inside the grill and doesn't fall out the bottom vents like the original one does.  For some reason, the pedestal stand has grown on me even though I do like the cart of the original.  I do like the new lower vent system and will be curious on how well you can dial in the temp using it.

I understand that for a lot of people, it doesn't make much sense to spend this much on a grill/smoker this size but people spend a lot more than this for other grills that for various reasons I wouldn't buy so I guess its all relative.  Plus PK has a 60 day no ask return policy on this grill so if I don't like it, I can send it back for a refund.

I do have an original style PK grill that I bought in April so I really didn't want another one and plus I want to pare down the amount of grills that I have and get rid of some stuff I have not used in awhile.  My two WSM's will probably go since I have not used them in a few years and was having some issues with both of them the last few times I used them.  I may get rid of one of my Weber Performers as well as my 22" Old Smokey grill.

I will for sure keep my current PK grill, my PBC, my Good One Open Range, one of my Weber Performers, and one and possible both of my Weber gas grills.

2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline 70monte

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »

Wayne

Congrats! I'm Jealous, can't wait to see your review and cooks on the 360! :)

I will let everyone know my thoughts and impressions when I get it.  I'm sure there will be a little bit of a learning curve at first cooking on it but it should be fun trying.
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 12:50:24 PM »
The bottom air dampers are interesting to me. I have not been able to tell if there is some sort of "gauge" to let you know if you are 1/4 or 1/2 or full open. Please let us know when you get it how you can "adjust" the bottom air vents...................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32