Author Topic: PENZEYS HATES IT'S CUSTOMERS  (Read 6376 times)

Offline hikerman

Re: PENZEYS HATES IT'S CUSTOMERS
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 03:43:18 PM »
I am sorry I can't agree with most of you. Bill Penzey has always been upfront in the little news letters that are in all his catalogs. He has stated his beliefs both moral and political. I didn't agree with all so just quit reading them.

I agree that using his customer e-mail database was probably not good business. But I won't quit buying his products because of his political belief and his right to freedom of speech. Smokin Don

Don you don't have to be sorry that you disagree! Each of us has our own thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. The talking heads want us to be in the face of those who disagree with us. But really....we all know that behavior is childish. We can disagree and still respect each other. In fact that is far better than if we were all of the same mind. Think how problematic our lives would be if we were exactly the same! Back to the point,  the most important thing isn't that we agree, it's that we respect each other, and everyone's right to their opinion! ;)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »
I am sorry I can't agree with most of you. Bill Penzey has always been upfront in the little news letters that are in all his catalogs. He has stated his beliefs both moral and political. I didn't agree with all so just quit reading them.

I agree that using his customer e-mail database was probably not good business. But I won't quit buying his products because of his political belief and his right to freedom of speech. Smokin Don

Don you don't have to be sorry that you disagree! Each of us has our own thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. The talking heads want us to be in the face of those who disagree with us. But really....we all know that behavior is childish. We can disagree and still respect each other. In fact that is far better than if we were all of the same mind. Think how problematic our lives would be if we were exactly the same! Back to the point,  the most important thing isn't that we agree, it's that we respect each other, and everyone's right to their opinion! ;)

Very well said Gene!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 04:17:02 PM »
I just agree to disagree and go on..But, don't tell me what to do..I don't tell anyone else what to do out of respect, no matter who they are.. just sayin  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Subvet

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 04:55:42 PM »
I'll be changing brands too....
-- Ron --
The Good One Open Range Smoker/Grill
Grilla OG
Weber Genesis III
Weber 22"  Master Touch Kettle
Grill Grates
Vortex (Medium)
Slow 'n Sear
Drip 'n Grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2016, 05:17:48 PM »
I think this topic has been handled pretty well here. And - like all of you I respect that we all have opinions. We all have rights to express those - in the right manner and context of course. We avoid politics on LTBBQ because some people cannot be civil about it. Again - THIS topic is NOT about politics. It is about the abuse of self-appointed political idealists that believe they can shame others into locked step. Dangerous ground, on many levels....

Where I think Bill Penzey shot himself in the wallet is that he forces his views on his customers - un-asked for. By mass mailing to all of his customers an e-mail that clearly tells you that you made a mistake if you did not vote the way he sees things is arrogant as hell. And it is just plain stupid. Because it is probable that half of his customers will not be happy with him - and not want to feel that their money is going to support philosophies they disagree with.

Completely inappropriate. The same as the Hollyweird crowd vomiting their politics all over us. WE do not pay them - or Penzey for their political views. And that they feel smarter than you - and feel the empowerment to tell you what to do, what to think and how to vote....is morally reprehensible.

We are all adults, in possession of enough power of reasoning so as not to be treated as intellectually deficient. Choose to not be "sheeple".
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »
I understand those that feel he is right and those that feel he overstepped his place. 

I have the same rights mr.penzy, issues I have is folks on your  side feel I'm wrong and I shouldn't be allowed to speak my peace.   This is a great country but for some reason if I don't join the side you want me to be on I'm nothing but a racist, bigot, homophobe.

I vote by person, not party and I vote with my $$$$$ Which will NOT GO TO penzey's   

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION