Author Topic: A day of experimentation  (Read 1351 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
A day of experimentation
« Reply #-1 on: December 18, 2016, 07:57:16 PM »
Today I wanted to try some new things. I had some leftovers from yesterday's KBQ cook that I had intended to use for making a new Brunswick Stew recipe and my wife wanted to make brisket nachos. I also wanted to make a creation that I have had floating around my head for years but had just never gotten around to it. So...let's get to it!

Let's start with my Frankenstein Monster shall we? I made a burrito with slices of brisket and some pulled pork. I placed the meat on a bed of smoked baked beans, not too many though. I then applied a little Head Country BBQ sauce on top.

Next I added some of my homemade slaw and a couple of dill pickle slices and the finishing touch was some hand cut fries seasoned with Lawry's!

Rolled it all up

Cut it in half

Took a bite! It was AWESOME!!! Muhahahahaha!!!

My son ate half, I had to save room for my nachos after all! My wife busted a move and made her smoked salsa on the Traeger. It goes very well with brisket or pulled pork nachos. I actually think it would make a flip flop taste good! I took a little more brisket and pork, put it on some chips with diced jalapenos, black olives, cheese dip, shredded cheese, her salsa and a dollop of sour cream. I hurt myself eating this, lol!

Lastly, the stew. I cooked it but was too full to eat a bowl. I tasted it, it's a departure from MY recipe but it was good. My wife thinks she may even like it better than mine (the traitor!!!). I like it but haven't officially made up my mind on whether or not it is better than my recipe I've made for years.

I had planned on baking off some cookies, made 6 batches of dough yesterday. I ran out of gas plus was watching my Falcons destroy the Niners. Felt good to sit down and chill for a bit.

At any rate, that concludes this episode of RG's Test Kitchen! Tune in next time when I cook a Salsa covered Flip Flop!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: A day of experimentation
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »
Somebody call me an exorcist! ( "O.K....you're an exorcist..."  :D) WOW that is possessing my mind and salivary glands....I may drown! ;D

Gawd that looks gooooood!!!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:20:24 PM »
Man! That looks great! :thumbup:
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
One burrito plz with milk.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »
After you make Sparkys burrito, I am next....................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 10:27:39 AM »
Nice work Dr Frankenschtein! :thumbup:

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 05:03:30 PM »
Ok, so here's my thought on Southern Soul's Brunswick Stew recipe. I like it! It's a departure from my usual stuff that I make but I do like it and will make it again. I made up 7 or so (maybe 6, maybe 8) 18oz bags of it today, should be enough for 2 big servings per bag or 3 side servings if eating other stuff. Got'em foodsavered and in the freezer. I am going to give some away to friends and family but will be sure to keep at least 2-3 bags in the freezer!

If you like Brunswick Stew, give that recipe a shot, it's a keeper! Requires a lot of meat so be forewarned!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pappymn

A day of experimentation
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 05:12:11 PM »
Looks very good
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RAD

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 06:25:35 PM »