Author Topic: My new PK360... first look photos  (Read 3791 times)

Offline AlanZ

Re: My new PK360... first look photos
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 04:30:50 PM »
I did my first cook on the PK360 today... very nice cooker.

It will take me a little time to get used to the grill, I have been cooking on a #7 Kamado for years, which is very deep/tall, and I am not yet used to having the coals closer to the grill surface.

I decided that the first cook should be high temp, so I brought the grill to 700 degrees and cooked some skirt steak, quartered endives, sliced celery root, and some escarole.

All came out very well, with a nice char.  I made some video of the cook, and I will try to edit and publish the footage tomorrow.
I learned a few things... for example, I started the coals in a chimney starter atop the cooking grate.  Next time I will remove the cooking grate and put the chimney coal starter directly on the coal grate... so it's easier to pour the lit coals into the cooker and spread the coals out as needed.  Then I'll reinstall the cooking grate.

It was 40 degrees F, and very windy, but the cooker held the heat very well.

So, for a first outing, I could not really have asked for much more.  Stay tuned for the video.
Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron pellet cooker
PK360 grill/smoker
#7 Kamado (circa 1999)
Ducane gas grill (circa 1997)
Uuni 2S pizza oven
PizzaQue pizza oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 04:34:05 PM »
I did my first cook on the PK360 today... very nice cooker.

It will take me a little time to get used to the grill, I have been cooking on a #7 Kamado for years, which is very deep/tall, and I am not yet used to having the coals closer to the grill surface.

I decided that the first cook should be high temp, so I brought the grill to 700 degrees and cooked some skirt steak, quartered endives, sliced celery root, and some escarole.

All came out very well, with a nice char.  I made some video of the cook, and I will try to edit and publish the footage tomorrow.
I learned a few things... for example, I started the coals in a chimney starter atop the cooking grate.  Next time I will remove the cooking grate and put the chimney coal starter directly on the coal grate... so it's easier to pour the lit coals into the cooker and spread the coals out as needed.  Then I'll reinstall the cooking grate.

It was 40 degrees F, and very windy, but the cooker held the heat very well.

So, for a first outing, I could not really have asked for much more.  Stay tuned for the video.
Waiting :D :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline AlanZ

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 05:10:19 PM »
I just added a few more photos to the bottom of the First Look page... it now shows the hinge details.
PK360 grill/smoker
#7 Kamado (circa 1999)
Uuni 2S pizza oven
PizzaQue pizza oven

Offline AlanZ

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 08:30:16 PM »
PK360 first cook video moved to its own thread.
http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=19352.0
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 11:59:41 AM by AlanZ »
PK360 grill/smoker
#7 Kamado (circa 1999)
Uuni 2S pizza oven
PizzaQue pizza oven