Author Topic: News too good not to share!  (Read 3047 times)

Offline stalag

Re: News too good not to share!
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »
I am going to add in here.  I have lost weight from around 435 to 414 as of today at the doctor's office.  I am trying to do this as I am allergic to corn, and that limits my treatment for diabetes.  Cliff is ahead of me in this but that additional problem I have is harder to deal with than what Cliff is doing.  But I applaud Cliff as well and encourage others to lose weight.  It is tempting to use food to make oneself feel good.  Everything in moderation.  In this way, type 2 diabetes can be offset and even be cured.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: News too good not to share!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
I am going to add in here.  I have lost weight from around 435 to 414 as of today at the doctor's office.  I am trying to do this as I am allergic to corn, and that limits my treatment for diabetes.  Cliff is ahead of me in this but that additional problem I have is harder to deal with than what Cliff is doing.  But I applaud Cliff as well and encourage others to lose weight.  It is tempting to use food to make oneself feel good.  Everything in moderation.  In this way, type 2 diabetes can be offset and even be cured.

Controlled or reversed (in remission),  yes.   But "cured"?  Unfortunately, no.   :(   

Even though my diabetes may be under control, I am still diabetic and always will be.  That's why I know that I have to make this low-carb lifestyle a change for life.  Otherwise the effects of the diabetes will come back.

But THAT'S OK!  I am certainly not suffering or bored with the food I am eating.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68