Author Topic: 12/21/2012 End Of The World Cook?  (Read 933 times)

Offline TwoPockets

12/21/2012 End Of The World Cook?
« Reply #-1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
CB posted an interesting post on Facebook regarding a BBQ restaurant that had seen an increase of people ordering BBQ for 12/21/2012 which is the end of the Mayan calender and some say the end of the world.

I am leaning toward ordering a 30lb bag of fresh Appalachicola Bay osters from my local fish monger and having a few friends over for some cold beer and an oyster shucking with lots of oysters on the half shell and some on the grill also. We might also get several pounds of fresh Gulf shrimp and do a big old shrimp low boil. Might splurge on some of the high end beer and a few bottles of Columbia Valley wine.

Might as well go out in style and I won't have to even worry about cleaning all the yucky oyster shells and residue of the shrimp boil the next day.

Wait... what time of day is this supposed to happen Friday night or Friday morning?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:09:44 PM by TwoPockets »
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: 12/21/2010 End Of The World Cook?
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »
Nope, no cookin....gonna get me a double cheesburger and some fries with extra seasoned salt on em.........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: 12/21/2012 End Of The World Cook?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
Im gonna have some high dollar caviar, never had it. Maybe make some brisket sushi with flying fish roe and a quail egg nesting atop. A- 1" thick ribeye with all the acuteriments such as Beef Aju and sour cream horseradish sauce plated with a twice baked potato with extra cheese and bacon. I would also like to try some french fries, fried in duck fat and drizzled with beef gravy, shredded tillamook cheese and green onions. I will also have on hand two half gallons of my favorite canadian whiskey which will be for the 21st and just incase, hair of the dog on the 22nd ;) Oh and lots of Diet Coke. For desert I would like some really good Bacon cheddar meatloaf covered with Mashed potatoes, Grated cheese, Gravy and some dippin toast :) I think that should fill my needs :) Double that, the wife might be hungry too ???

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »
i eating whatever my wife tells me to eat.  i don't care.  burning some charcoal and bbqing something probably.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
12/21/2012 End Of The World Cook?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »
Looks like it'll be a Friday, I will be working :P

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
i eating whatever my wife tells me to eat.  i don't care.  burning some charcoal and bbqing something probably.   8)
LOL!  God one Sparky.   Heck Kimmie will eat whatever I toss on the grill (as long as it's burnt!   May do some ribs or hotdogs just don't know how I want to finish my last time to cook!  ;) 

As long as it's on INFRARED I'll go out in style!   8) 8)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION