Author Topic: Outdoor Kitchen  (Read 921 times)

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
Outdoor Kitchen
« Reply #-1 on: May 05, 2018, 11:37:35 AM »
I think there was a small thread a while back about everyone's cooking areas. I'm getting ready to start building my outdoor kitchen and am looking for others ideas and inspiration. I'm going to build in my Santa Maria pit,  sink, pull out trash drawer and probably a propane burner setup as well. Leaning towards steel stud framing and wrapping the exterior with a stacked stone to match what's on the front of the house. Thinking for counter tops I'm going to do concrete for the cost. Concrete's not really my first choice, but it's pretty economical. May try and find a nice slate tile or something as well, who knows.

So, anyone build one? Lets see it and would love input on what you would change or would have done different. I will update as I get going. Still in planning stage, but getting close to starting.
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear

Offline Smokerjunky

Re: Outdoor Kitchen
« on: May 08, 2018, 05:00:13 PM »
This in NOT my outdoor kitchen.  My Brother-In-Law and Sister had this build when they built their lake house.  I think it is pretty amazing.  The only change I would make if it were mine is to have a sink with running water.  This kitchen has an Italian wood-fired pizza oven, a TEC infrared grill (cooks really hot though - prefer the Webers) and the old Made-In-America Traeger smoker. 

Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:35:05 PM »
I built one a few years back, maybe 4-5 years actually. It is mostly the same, some grills have come and gone but for the most part it still looks the same.

I did use steel framing for the drop in gasser and side burner, everything else was pressure treated lumber. I bought a kit from bbqcoach, worked well.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 09:48:45 PM »
That looks nice.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 08:27:37 AM »
This is the start of my outdoor cooking area.  Not finished yet but the cookers and Kimmie's fridge are moved in now just waiting for $$$$ for the sink and the rest of what I want to do.

I do think Sparky is the first forum member to see it in person
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline jfsjazz

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
RG,  what is the brand of the built in you are using and do you like it?

Thank you,

Joe

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 01:14:15 PM »
RG,  what is the brand of the built in you are using and do you like it?

Thank you,

Joe

Hey Joe, it's a BBQs Galore Turbo STS natural gas with rotisserie. I like it, don't use it often but I like it :P I bought it used off of CL years ago for $300.00. It's built very well. BBQs Galore is now going by another name but they are well built for the $$$
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline jfsjazz

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »
Thanks RG!

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 09:14:14 PM »
I got a Grill cover does that count ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have a grill patio area but no built in. The patio holds a Sears four burner, 22 inch weber charcoal, a Big easy & a cold water sink & work station. I love it but wished it was covered. Our second lower patio dining area has an 18 inch weber if I feel like cooking with guests. This area has a spot for my gas Pizza oven as I feel pizza should be made by the table. Again this area is not covered but we have a four season sunroom that is.
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 11:58:49 PM »
This is the start of my outdoor cooking area.  Not finished yet but the cookers and Kimmie's fridge are moved in now just waiting for $$$$ for the sink and the rest of what I want to do.

I do think Sparky is the first forum member to see it in person

It was a big area.  I like the area where the fridge was.  A good play to store everything.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66