Author Topic: Pulled pork in 2 cooks?  (Read 305 times)

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
Pulled pork in 2 cooks?
« Reply #-1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »
I'm going to do 2 smokes this weekend for my birthday party. Both are going to be on the Pit Barrel. One is going to be a whole Costco brisket which I'm going to do on Saturday, the day of the party. The other is going to be a pork butt for pulled pork, but I cant do both at the same time. I remember I have done a pork butt before and smoked it and  finished it in the oven the next day, but can't remember exactly what I did. Did I mention I'm turning a year older  ????

If memory serves, as it does less and less every time the calendar rolls around to this time each year, I smoked it until maybe 165...?, wrapped in foil, fridged and fired back up in the oven wrapped at 350 until pullable. Sound about right? Think I'm gonna smoke it in the P.B. then finish off on Saturday in the Mak for the oven as it's gonna be a bit warm here so we don't have to heat the house.

Who's done this and does this sound about right? Pretty sure I saw it on here that gave me the idea, but can't find it now. Must be a search issue...yeah that's it...couldn't be a memory problem...right? Now where'd I leave my beer  ;)?!
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: Pulled pork in 2 cooks?
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:21:41 AM »
When I do it the day before I do it to 205 ish , pull it, bag it and then in the fridge. Next day put it in the crock pot with some apple juice.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:11:48 AM »
When I do it the day before I do it to 205 ish , pull it, bag it and then in the fridge. Next day put it in the crock pot with some apple juice.

That's a great idea.  I mix a little bbq sauce in my apple juice.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:18:38 AM »

+1   :thumbup:
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline mikeharold

• Central Coast, Cali.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 12:23:16 AM »
Got it, thanks guys. I may give it a go this way this time.
MAK 1 star #1184
Santa Maria open pit BBQ
PBC
Blackstone 36" Griddle
Uuni 2s
Weber 22" kettle w/slow-n-sear

Offline Kona

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
When I cook for my coworkers, I'll do the pulled pork the day before, pull it and put it into my removable "pot" in my pressure cooker and into the fridge. I'll slowly warm it the next day, mixing occasionally, and I add the Jess Pryles "Carolina pork dressing" as it warms. That's a pretty good mixture to add
Gordon
Boynton Beach, FL
PBC

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »
When I cook for my coworkers, I'll do the pulled pork the day before, pull it and put it into my removable "pot" in my pressure cooker and into the fridge. I'll slowly warm it the next day, mixing occasionally, and I add the Jess Pryles "Carolina pork dressing" as it warms. That's a pretty good mixture to add
Thanks for mentioning Jess Pryles. I looked at her web site and there is some interesting info on there.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"