Author Topic: UPDATE : 18 LBS to go until my Tomahawk Steak & hot fudge coconut Sundae  (Read 1077 times)

Offline rwalters

18 LBS to go until my Tomahawk Steak & hot fudge coconut Sundae
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 10:43:41 PM »
You guys are killing it... WELL DONE!!! :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline rwalters

18 LBS to go until my Tomahawk Steak & hot fudge coconut Sundae
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 10:44:48 PM »
Congrats on the weight loss, and you can lose that final 18 lbs!

I am now down just under 65 lbs since starting my low-carb/keto diet early last year (after learning I was Diabetic), and still loosing slowly but surely. 

I just had to get it through my head that there were certain foods I was going to have to give up basically for life.  The benefits are worth it though.  Going low-carb/keto (moderate protein), has allowed me to get my numbers back in check and off of the diabetes meds (Metformin) which were causing severe pain in my knees constantly.  I feel tons better and am a lot more active like I was when I was younger!
You said there were foods that you had to come to terms with as far as giving them up for the rest of your life... I’d be curious to hear what those are.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: 18 LBS to go until my Tomahawk Steak & hot fudge coconut Sundae
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 04:26:28 PM »
Congrats on the weight loss, and you can lose that final 18 lbs!

I am now down just under 65 lbs since starting my low-carb/keto diet early last year (after learning I was Diabetic), and still loosing slowly but surely. 

I just had to get it through my head that there were certain foods I was going to have to give up basically for life.  The benefits are worth it though.  Going low-carb/keto (moderate protein), has allowed me to get my numbers back in check and off of the diabetes meds (Metformin) which were causing severe pain in my knees constantly.  I feel tons better and am a lot more active like I was when I was younger!
You said there were foods that you had to come to terms with as far as giving them up for the rest of your life... I’d be curious to hear what those are.

Let's make this a topic for another thread!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68