Author Topic: Hurricane Michael  (Read 1023 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Hurricane Michael
« Reply #-1 on: October 11, 2018, 10:40:22 AM »
My family wishes all those in the path of Hurricane Michael our best.  We pray everyone is safe throughout this ordeal.

Art and Maureen
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: Hurricane Michael
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »
X2

Those folks have a long road ahead to cleanup and rebuild. 
 It missed us by 100 miles and we are very thankful.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »
X3!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RAD

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »
Love to cook and eat

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 07:59:48 PM »
We were on the western edge of the storm here in Dothan, Al., the eye passed just east of us when it was still a Cat 1+. We had sustained 70+ mph winds, gusts up to 90+ mph. We lost our wooden privacy fence in the backyard and looking down the back at least 5 neighbors did too. We lost some shingles and some bird feeders blew away. It was pretty hairy for a few hours but we were very lucky. We just got our power back on about an hour ago. About 75-80 miles south of us in the Panama City and Mexico Beach area it was very bad. I saw a picture of a big restaurant where we eat a lot that was nothing but matchsticks. Some people lost everything they had and it was amazing more people were not killed.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Agustine

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:12 PM »
Total destruction, very lucky if you where not in its path.

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline DWard51

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 11:12:35 PM »
Back in the early 60's we had a family friend who owned a classic Florida block beach house near the pier in Mexico Beach.  This was way before it built up there.  It was her house and after a huge open lot the pier and the "juke joint" at the base of the pier.  Spent many a summer there in that old school 2 bedroom sky blue painted block house (no such thing as AC - big open screened porch on the back and jalousie windows on the house).  Some years back I was down that way on business and drove by the old house.  It was still there, although now surrounded by hotels and shoehorned in houses on all side, but it was there and pretty much unchanged.

In that video above from Agustine, it is (or was) in the area where there is nothing but flat concrete foundations left now.  Michael took it completely away.  Wow.....  Oh yeah, I see the pier is gone also, just some of the pylons left.  That old block house (had concrete in the block voids) had withstood storm surges many times before.  But not this time.

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
We were on the western edge of the storm here in Dothan, Al., the eye passed just east of us when it was still a Cat 1+. We had sustained 70+ mph winds, gusts up to 90+ mph. We lost our wooden privacy fence in the backyard and looking down the back at least 5 neighbors did too. We lost some shingles and some bird feeders blew away. It was pretty hairy for a few hours but we were very lucky. We just got our power back on about an hour ago. About 75-80 miles south of us in the Panama City and Mexico Beach area it was very bad. I saw a picture of a big restaurant where we eat a lot that was nothing but matchsticks. Some people lost everything they had and it was amazing more people were not killed.

Ken sorry about your storm damage but glad you are all ok. These storms are just bad
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline DWard51

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »

I'm originally from Blakely and some of my friends said it was real bad down there with similar damage from the wind.  Peanut crop is probably a loss for sure (and that is huge in SW GA). I'm like you and amazed there were not more people killed, but thankful it was no worse than it was. 

One thing I thought funny was the field reporter they had on one of the channels was talking about Doth-"Ann" instead of Dothan (almost made it into 2 words the way he dragged the "Ann" out).  I had to look at the wife and say "you can tell that boy ain't from around here".

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 06:53:09 PM »
That really sucks.  I hope all our members are safe.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 12:30:16 PM »
Glad this one didn't around like the last one did ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC