Author Topic: Not another newbie from Wisconsin! (Meaning ME, if anyone was confused.)  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Pit Hoss

Re: Not another newbie from Wisconsin!
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 07:07:29 PM »
You’re already familiar with it Robb. In fact you helped me clean it. (Mr Muscle) Only about a couple dozen cooks on it. It came with a front shelf, 3/4 upper rack, and grill cover. Has the latest Flamezone and FlashFire features. It was a great Craigslist find at about half of the retail price. I’ll need to figure out how to post pictures with my comments though.
Oh WOW... small world :)  Glad to see you here! 

Any idea why the previous owner decided to sell it?

He was in the process of moving. I was actually the third person who contacted him about it, but the other two didn't work it out for one reason or another. I feel very fortunate to have been able to buy it.
Mak 2 Star General
GMG Daniel Boone (retired)
Weber Performer Deluxe

Offline rwalters

Not another newbie from Wisconsin!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 07:23:00 PM »
You’re already familiar with it Robb. In fact you helped me clean it. (Mr Muscle) Only about a couple dozen cooks on it. It came with a front shelf, 3/4 upper rack, and grill cover. Has the latest Flamezone and FlashFire features. It was a great Craigslist find at about half of the retail price. I’ll need to figure out how to post pictures with my comments though.
Oh WOW... small world :)  Glad to see you here! 

Any idea why the previous owner decided to sell it?

He was in the process of moving. I was actually the third person who contacted him about it, but the other two didn't work it out for one reason or another. I feel very fortunate to have been able to buy it.
No doubt. Love a good deal :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 10:29:10 PM »
Welcome from all of us here in middle Georgia.

I've been cookin' outside for a few years and recently became a pelletizer with a GMG Daniel Boone.  I am greatly encouraged to know you used yours for so long.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 09:49:35 AM »
I tell you one thing, Rwalters can keep a MAK looking like it just came off the showroom floor.

I thought of getting the Mr. Muscle but I am happy just using ss cleaner.

My MAK doesn't know if there is a little build up on the sides.....:)

Question:  did your MAK have any accessories included??

Of all my accessories (I have them all)  the front shelf is so handy to have

It even has a built in paper towel holder!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pit Hoss

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 11:35:36 AM »
Welcome from all of us here in middle Georgia.

I've been cookin' outside for a few years and recently became a pelletizer with a GMG Daniel Boone.  I am greatly encouraged to know you used yours for so long.

GMG are pretty decent pellet grills. I had my issues, of course, but my local dealer had the best customer service. I bought it in 2012. I had to change out the controller, and fire rod, but it was still under warranty. After the warranty expired the low pellet sensor went during an overnight cook, and there was a constant beeping. I ended up just cutting the sensor wire to stop the beeping. After that my hand held remote stopped showing me the current temp of the grill. They have mad many improvements since then with WI-FI, stainless steel guts, and such. I bought the stainless steel heat deflector, and 2 piece grease tray to replace the rusted/warped steel parts before I gave it to our daughter. I left it up to her if she wants to buy the retro fit WI-FI controller that comes with a new probe, and pellet sensor. I also had a Don Godke Downdraft on it to try to even out the temp at the grates. I had to rearrange the three piece heat shields, but I think the downdraft helped. Some like them, some don't. In my opinion, I think the GMG grills are still a step above the Traegers, but they all can produce some good eats.
Mak 2 Star General
Weber Performer Deluxe

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Not another newbie from Wisconsin! (Meaning ME, if anyone was confused.)
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 05:04:46 PM »
GMG are the only pellet grills that I can think of that have these heat deflector baffles.

That tells me that they don't have their controllers figured out.

Cooking on your new MAK will be an absolute joy.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Not another newbie from Wisconsin! (Meaning ME, if anyone was confused.)
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »
Welcome fro SE Wisconsin! :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Pit Hoss

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 09:42:03 PM »
Welcome from the Lakeshore (Manitowoc)

Great score on a used MAK  (those are hard to find)

Here is the link to the product review I did for MAK on the 2Star

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=22061.0

MAk is one of our beloved forum sponsors here, you can post all your MAK related cooking adventures and questions there. Just scroll down the main page and you will see our forum sponsor section where you can post.

That was a great review. You really put it through it’s paces. Lots of good recipe ideas. I’ll have to pick up some other accessories soon, but that was always the plan. Start with a great unit, and then build it up from there. I’d like to get either the Wi-Fi or Remote Boss, but will probably start with the searing grates, or griddles. Thanks for the review, and thank your wife too. There are not a lot of customer reviews/videos out there on the Maks. Sure glad I found this forum.
Mak 2 Star General
Weber Performer Deluxe

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
Welcome from the Lakeshore (Manitowoc)

Great score on a used MAK  (those are hard to find)

Here is the link to the product review I did for MAK on the 2Star

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=22061.0

MAk is one of our beloved forum sponsors here, you can post all your MAK related cooking adventures and questions there. Just scroll down the main page and you will see our forum sponsor section where you can post.

That was a great review. You really put it through it’s paces. Lots of good recipe ideas. I’ll have to pick up some other accessories soon, but that was always the plan. Start with a great unit, and then build it up from there. I’d like to get either the Wi-Fi or Remote Boss, but will probably start with the searing grates, or griddles. Thanks for the review, and thank your wife too. There are not a lot of customer reviews/videos out there on the Maks. Sure glad I found this forum.

Thank you for the kind words.

Make sure you get the front shelf. Really makes loading and unloading the MAK so much easier.  Even has a paper towel holder.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven