Author Topic: Just bought a new Grill......I swear I said I would not for a few years but I  (Read 267 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

just had to...……..

I just bought a new Magma Gas grill for the boat...…...I need you all to back me up here as my wife will be upset or worse. LOL

1) My other one is over 25 years old & may need some new parts from $37.00 to $100.00

2)  I just bought a nice cover for the old grill & you will never believe this but it fits the new one like a glove.

3) My 30 year old Rod holder mount (never used) also fits the new one.   Will use it on this boat.

4) If the old one were not to work with guests on board …..well....you can't order from door dash on the water & door dash may sample the food on the way out if they did.

5) It makes Uncle Tee happy when we buy new stuff.

6) It has been three plus months since Christmas & my birthday.

7) If we are ship wrecked this may let us survive.

Ok down to the real reason  The other one fired up after 20 years but had a low flame (No folks I did not put in an empty bottle on to show my wife lol). When I looked at the parts it would cost me from 1/3 to 3/4 of a new one. The new one does not use those ceramic briquettes that were popular years ago (not great on a boat). It also has a lid that is on a hinge instead of a chain. The old one is on a wire so the lid can hit the boat if you are not careful.

Defender Marine supply has a fantastic sale every year. This year they had it on sale so I price matched it at West Marine & pulled the trigger. Total cost was $149.00 before my points & extra points if I wait to pick it up.

I bought the 15 inch one because it is what I had last & the parts fit & it will feed anyone that I would have on board.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/magma--original-size-marine-kettle-gas-grill--15999469?recordNum=4

If I wait to pick it up it should go for $131.00 after discounts.

This company is great as you can still buy the parts from 33 years ago.

I will clean the old one up the best I can & it may run fine (oops Strike that one). There is a great tag sale for free coming up for boat stuff. If I can get $30.00 for it I will be in good shape.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on it & I just hope my wife does not do the same LOL.

Best steak I ever had was on the hook on the old one. Wind was blowing what a sear. 

Ok I did the right thing...….right?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 05:20:53 PM by Tailgating is my game »
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
I'd say you did the right thing :thumbup:    When you cook her a nice big steak she will agree as well :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Tailgating is my game

I'd say you did the right thing :thumbup:    When you cook her a nice big steak she will agree as well :D :D

I have been eating no salt chicken broth & brown rice for so long that my old sneakers are starting to look good
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill