Author Topic: Fun Weber kettle/brisket article  (Read 961 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Fun Weber kettle/brisket article
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 03:37:58 PM »
I put the WSM Ring in the center and pour the charcoal around the outside.  I'm just too lazy to set up a real snake ! ! !

In this case, I wanted to hold onto any juices, I use a hotel pan and my "loft."  The loft is 22" grate that has some carriage bolts added so that it sits 4" or so above the man grate.  To make room for the brisket on top of that, I used my Roti sleeve to give me more headroom.  After the stall, I dropped the brisket into the hotel pan and covered it with foil for the remainder of the cook.

I was also using my CyberQ (first time) to control the airflow.  With this combination, I was able to get a steady 250º for over ten hours.

BTW, did tweak the front leg of the 26.  Now it sits on piece of 2x4 to keep the grate level.  :{(  Looks like I may be accelerating my plan to turn it into a Performer.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline rwalters

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 07:52:33 PM »
I put the WSM Ring in the center and pour the charcoal around the outside.  I'm just too lazy to set up a real snake ! ! !

In this case, I wanted to hold onto any juices, I use a hotel pan and my "loft."  The loft is 22" grate that has some carriage bolts added so that it sits 4" or so above the man grate.  To make room for the brisket on top of that, I used my Roti sleeve to give me more headroom.  After the stall, I dropped the brisket into the hotel pan and covered it with foil for the remainder of the cook.

I was also using my CyberQ (first time) to control the airflow.  With this combination, I was able to get a steady 250º for over ten hours.

BTW, did tweak the front leg of the 26.  Now it sits on piece of 2x4 to keep the grate level.  :{(  Looks like I may be accelerating my plan to turn it into a Performer.

BD
Would love to see a pic or two of your setup! Sounds very “MacGyver” :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »
Sorry it took so long to put this together.  So here is the setup that I use to cooka brisket:

Use the Charcoal Ring from a 22.5" WSM and run charcoal around the outside of the ring.  This was a tip that I got from Sparky several years ago.  Plus, I'm just waaaaaaay tot lazy to stand there stacking and stacking and stacking and stacking 50-60 (or more) little briquettes.

Then I stick the grate on along with, what I call, "The Loft."  It's a 22.5 WSM cooking grate.

Here's a close up of the carriage bolts that I used as legs.

I put a hotel pan (like those you see in buffet lines) in the space between the two grates to catch the drippings.  Then I drop the brisket into the pan, with some extra liquid, and cover with foil after the Stall.

In order to make room for the brisket, I use my Cajun Bandit Roti Ring to give more headroom.

Finally, here it is all buttoned up.

You can also see my charcoal canister, it holds three 20 lb. bags of briquettes and my modified Weber Side Table, orginally designed for the 22.5 Kettle.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline rwalters

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 01:19:49 AM »
Sorry it took so long to put this together.  So here is the setup that I use to cooka brisket:

Use the Charcoal Ring from a 22.5" WSM and run charcoal around the outside of the ring.  This was a tip that I got from Sparky several years ago.  Plus, I'm just waaaaaaay tot lazy to stand there stacking and stacking and stacking and stacking 50-60 (or more) little briquettes.

Then I stick the grate on along with, what I call, "The Loft."  It's a 22.5 WSM cooking grate.

Here's a close up of the carriage bolts that I used as legs.

I put a hotel pan (like those you see in buffet lines) in the space between the two grates to catch the drippings.  Then I drop the brisket into the pan, with some extra liquid, and cover with foil after the Stall.

In order to make room for the brisket, I use my Cajun Bandit Roti Ring to give more headroom.

Finally, here it is all buttoned up.

You can also see my charcoal canister, it holds three 20 lb. bags of briquettes and my modified Weber Side Table, orginally designed for the 22.5 Kettle.

BD
Love it!!! Thank you for sharing :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)