Author Topic: We are going to hit the beach on saturday for a Dink & Drink & food gathering.  (Read 558 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

It could be up to 97 -103 Here on Saturday. If the perfect storm hits it could reach higher

It is so funny as we look like an invasion to the people on the river as we come into the Island by dinghy. There must be at least 15 to 20 of our mini boats that take a slow scenic trip through the marsh & bird sanctuary before hitting the beach. We then unload our sun tents, blankets music, coolers & food for a day of swimming, food & drinks.

I will be one of three people cooking live. The rest will cook at home & carry it in.

One person is making Greek Faghu to make shish Kabob (souvalaki)

Another is making sesame Beef on a stick

Don't laugh but I will be doing Hot Dogs with relish, cheese, & Mustard....Plus Ketchup lol

We will all be using small charcoal grills as space is really limited on our boats. The one thing I know how to do is tailgate but here you really need to worry about space & what they allow you to do on the beach.  We are very limited! I have two small folding tables one for serving & one as a prep table...I mean small. I am also just using a disposable grill as it takes up so little room.

I like Toys like a few others on here do lol so I bought an 11.00 toy boat that I will tow behind my small dinghy...Tandem Dinks lol. I will put the grill & coolers in my toy dink & the rest of the stuff in my motor dink with me..... It works......I hope.

As a safety nut. I will have horns, First aid, flares, vests, a radio's that goes right to the coast guard & a GPS. Last year we had one boat swept away that we caught in time but when the river runs it runs. I have come up with a safety rope that I modified from a pool safety rope. (you see Tommy & Tom) I can do a mod here & there lol. I can attach it to shore or to the boat & it flows with the water. Someone gets caught just grab onto it & pull yourself back in.

Just like camping food always tastes better on the water so it will work. People will always bring sides & desserts so you just make one thing per person simple but good.

Because of the heat my wife has already bailed so I will be going solo. I also have a little river raft that I will bring to cool off in.

Anyway, this will be my first trip with my new Dink & 20lb 3.5 hp motor....Hope it starts lol

Our new Dink is Butterscotch named after our wonderful Golden that passed in December.

Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Man sounds like a great time (hope the motor starts  :D :D

I never laugh at hotdogs unless there are the BURNT ones I make for Kimmie  ??? ??? :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

I never laugh at hotdogs unless there are the BURNT ones I make for Kimmie  ??? ??? :D :D

I hope the motor starts as this thing is a new 2 stroke that I am not sure how they can sell it. It looks like a weed wacker (really does)….air cooled. The price was right.

Its funny Tommy I like them Burnt, cooked well or lightly cooked...I guess I just like hot dogs LOL.
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama

I hope the motor starts as this thing is a new 2 stroke that I am not sure how they can sell it. It looks like a weed wacker (really does)….air cooled. The price was right.

Its funny Tommy I like them Burnt, cooked well or lightly cooked...I guess I just like hot dogs LOL.
Kimmie likes them BURNT, I mean where they crack when you bite them! ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
Brave soul going out in the heat.  Might hit 100, first since 2012 in the Philly area.  I'm going to be sitting under a fan with the A/C blasting, trying to explain to my daughter why we aren't going outside to play/pull weeds (and by weeds, I mean her pulling off the flower buds)
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Brave soul going out in the heat.  Might hit 100, first since 2012 in the Philly area.  I'm going to be sitting under a fan with the A/C blasting, trying to explain to my daughter why we aren't going outside to play/pull weeds (and by weeds, I mean her pulling off the flower buds)

My wife is trying to talk me out of it....you are one smart person...….My wife sold insurance at one time ...she insured Ice companies that put blocks of ice in pools when it got this hot. I had never heard of that before.
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill