Author Topic: I need your prayers....My brother Bob had a major stroke today.  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Lines

Re: I need your prayers....My brother Bob had a major stroke today.
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2020, 05:41:39 PM »
Prayer for you and all of the family. Very sorry to hear.

Offline Tailgating is my game

First I got thank you all again for your prayers...they really helped!!!!! Thanks a Million.

My Brother after a month is Covid free & has some movement in his left leg. So that leaves his left arm that is not working at all as of today. His speech is good but he is still down & losses focus at times. It will be a long road back.

Barbara my bride after 4 weeks of bad burns is getting better & pain free, It looks like there will be no scars left in the future as for now she must keep her leg & arm out of the sun. But she is 90% back.

I can't complain but I got hit with two oral surgeries back to back.......Yes you heard it right. I split a tooth to the gum ....Now don't laugh folks it was on my homemade pizza........It was a soft slice too. The doctor was only seeing people like me & as he is working on it I tell him you know Doc something is not right I still feel pain. I am halfway home & the pain is amazing....so I figure it is the "after pain"........well that night it was as bad as I have ever had......He says come back in when I tell him it is not the same tooth......I was right a wisdom tooth was full of decay ...so out that comes & for the last eight days it has been something.....Just today I stopped taking advil, & two other pain meds......all along I kept saying this in nothing compared to what others are facing....

What I have learned from this as I have been ready for this virus coming for years.......I knew it......but........you can't prepare for everything......life happens even  with a virus to deal with.  All my emergency planning & supplies helped but you never have enough.

Let me add this if they are right we are only half way home on this virus now for rounds 1.0 & 1-5. They are looking at  maybe 200,000 dead by the fall. That is almost double what we have now. We must live our life but don't let your guard down. Then when winter hits round 2 in my book could be even worse.

So the dentist said I want to see you twice in two weeks to three weeks.....I said doc you are going to see me one time for both appointments not two times. He agreed!  So the staff gives me a date in the middle of the day & in the middle of the week. I said no thank you & I asked about a Monday morning first appointment so they asked why......I said because you are closed Friday - Sunday & I want any leftover virus dead by then.  So we picked a date for 7:30 on a Monday,.....

So again thanks for you prayers & please everyone stay safe & happy Richard

No the pizza was not hard lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Walleyewacker

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2020, 01:50:04 PM »
Praying For all the issues that your having Tailgating is my game

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2020, 06:08:23 PM »
Praying For all the issues that your having Tailgating is my game

Thanks so much
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2020, 08:32:50 PM »
Richard, thanks for the update. We all could use as much good news as we can get and I am certainly glad you're finally getting some good news. Long overdue!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2020, 01:08:05 AM »
Glad everyone is doing better partner.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »
Lost my mother-in-laws boss today because of covid. Things are getting better now. But it is only as good as the people you know. I hope you are all well
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill