Author Topic: Seems I WAS semi-famous  (Read 840 times)

Offline Jaxon

Seems I WAS semi-famous
« Reply #-1 on: April 08, 2020, 02:54:58 PM »
RG, may have a bright future...me - a sparkling past.  Seems like Char-Broil had a video contest about 10 years ago.  The subject was, "My Trade Secret".  I entered and won the 1st place prize - a 4-burner Infrared grill.  I used it for almost 7 yrs.

Here's the vid: 
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Seems I WAS semi-famous
« on: April 08, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
I am not ever going to be famous for making videos, that's for sure! At least you won something, that's awesome. I don't get paid anything for them using the video, just credited :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:57:31 PM »
I've been making video for 48 years. Why am I not famous yet?

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »
Perhaps because UR2dum? Sorry, I couldn't resist (and you'd have thought less of me if I had).

Also you might have been "blacklisted" after being thrown off the Tonight Show all those years ago. Jus' sayin'...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 05:59:30 PM »
Perhaps because UR2dum? Sorry, I couldn't resist (and you'd have thought less of me if I had).

Also you might have been "blacklisted" after being thrown off the Tonight Show all those years ago. Jus' sayin'...

Ok, I need to hear this story. Sounds like it's GOOOOD. Let me get my popcorn, I'll be right back!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 06:40:46 PM »

Ok, I need to hear this story. Sounds like it's GOOOOD. Let me get my popcorn, I'll be right back!

Here's the story:

After all those years, I can finally laugh about it.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 07:11:52 PM »
Jaxon,
You will always be famous in my book!!  Great cookouts at Back Yard Jack's!!

Art

Don,
You're pretty famous, too!!  I feel blessed that I have met you and can call you my friend.

MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 07:18:52 PM »
Awsome!!!  Where has our music gone to today.  I was listening to my wife with music by the pool today and do not even in any way like what I hear.  It has to me my age being a senior citizen.  God bless good old music.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »
Jack - you sold that so good I would have bought a vacuum cleaner from you!! ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 08:54:23 PM »
... and, knowing Tim, he'd probably still be trying to cook wings and a pork butt with that vacuum.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 01:04:17 AM »

Turtle, after my post, I realized that I had pitched you a hanging curve ball. I would have been surprised if you hadn't knocked it out of the park.  There's nothing I like better than a good joke at my expense. Take care of yourself. I'll see you in October.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 01:19:25 AM »
Jaxon,
You will always be famous in my book!!  Great cookouts at Back Yard Jack's!!

Art

Don,
You're pretty famous, too!!  I feel blessed that I have met you and can call you my friend.

Art, you are so right about Jaxon's famous cookouts at Backyard Jacks. It is the most fun I have had with all of my favorite friends. It is so wonderful that we are all great friends that have kept this great cookout going since 2011. Friends forever.

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 07:45:18 AM »
That's funny!

I still use my 4 burner Char Broil after about 15 years!

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 09:32:03 AM »
I sent that video to CB and he insisted that I send it in for the contest.  Char-Broil used the video in their marketing for the Big Easy.  shortly after I got the grill, CB called and asked if he could stop by the house  on his way to Char-Broil HQ.  Of course I said YES.  I called Dee (I had only chatted with him on the forum) and invited him to come meet CB.  We cooked some steaks and sat around the kitchen table till about 1:00 AM talking grilling stuff.  Dee said it would be great if we could have a cookout somewhere and invite everybody to come.  CB said he would help.  It was in the Fall of that year that we had the first Gathering at a campground near Augusta, GA.  Dee was a great host, securing the campground and cleaning it up before we all arrived.  We had a good crowd and we cooked until we dropped.  CB talked to a sponsor who donated over 200 lbs. of prime Duroc pork - every cut you can think of.  We were truly in "hog heaven".
Dee was gracious enough to host several more cookouts at that campground and they were all special.

Now, if we can just get rid of this Covid-19...we can get our Spring Cookout in
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:05:42 PM by Jaxon »
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 10:05:49 AM »
Jaxon, you sorta remind me of John Cameron Swayze and those old Timex commercials ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC