Author Topic: Do you ever feel that enough is enough?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Do you ever feel that enough is enough?
« Reply #-1 on: July 08, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »
I'm so disappointed in the way Americans are acting that it has REALLY started to affect me. I have friends from all walks of life and it's become painfully obvious that some of them must hate this country. It's gotten to me. Not to try to delve too far into politics but I am being assaulted by an all-out liberal blitz and it's taking its toll.

I have been a member of an NFL team's forum since 2007 and I just had an admin delete my account. It went from being a fun place to visit to an anti-American forum where IF you posted an opposing view (police brutality was a popular subject, defund the police and all that nonsense) you were called a racist, a liar, so forth and so on. I couldn't take it any longer, nor can I tolerate the NFL itself.

Lastly, I ditched Facebook. When you see your friends that you thought were good people, call the criminals the good guys and support looting and destruction of property, it's just time to unplug!

I guess I have just become out of touch. Conservative values are condemned and being a Liberal is in fashion. There are 2 sides to every coin, I get it, but it's now becoming a one sided coin before my eyes. What in the hell has happened to America? It feels like a bad dream!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Lines

Re: Do you ever feel that enough is enough?
« on: July 08, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »
You are absolutely on track with your views. You are definitely not alone. I feel like an outsider in my own country. I know how I am voting in November, and I am praying that it will be enough for 4 more years anyway. How long can we hold out at this rate of destruction?

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 07:14:00 PM »
Welcome to a shared reality. I am not in a mood for civility for much longer. Everything that has worked for America, and made sense...is now condemned.Including our history. Including my skin color. People have gone friction' STUPID. It is truly best for society that I live on a mountain, away from a mass gaggle of morons.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Lines

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 07:16:45 PM »
mass gaggle of morons.
Perfect description!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »
My son and girlfriend came up to Washington to visit for a week. His views are so different than my wife and mine.  There have been many arguments to the point where i have to go for walks just to get out of the house because I'm not taking someone who says im am so out of touch with society.   If he only knew what's going on in Seattle he would change his mind.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Lines

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:48:05 PM »
Even wanting to change the team names. Where does it end? Ridiculous. Our daughter speaks to us very little because we are so out of touch. ???

Offline RG

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 07:51:03 PM »
Ahhhhh...I gotta say that your responses almost bring me to tears lol! It's SO refreshing to be among civil people that are like minded. My daughter and my oldest brother are both far left and it saddens me. I love them both but can't remotely understand their views and I am sure they feel the same in return. I actually feel like Archie Bunker, lol.

I am not racist but I've been called racist because I respect law and order and support the police. There is such a disrespect for America that I feel like I am in another country anymore. I am not what I would call a church goer although I probably should be. I have a strong belief in God Almighty and it seems like this is the end of days to me. It's almost as if this is leading up to something far bigger and at the very least, a possible civil war. In Atlanta, there is some scary stuff going on and it worries me to no end!

Stone Mountain park was invaded by a 100-200 man militia, carrying ARs, shotguns, pistols (don't get me wrong, I'm a proud gun owner) and basically took over the park July 4th weekend. The leader of the group was heard screaming through his bullhorn "F the white man" and "F the police" and lastly even "F black lives matter" so I guess they hate everyone and everything. Also was recorded telling his "army" that he expects them to use deadly force!! Can you believe that? In America? They were brandishing their weapons at families with their children, diverting traffic and making them leave Stone Mountain park! A State park no less! Officers stood down. These goons didn't pay admission, had no permit to protest, they just stormed the place.

It infuriates me. People are somehow okay with this. It sickens me to my core and I swear, if the Republicans don't do something to quiet these angry toddlers down, something real ugly is going to happen. I'm afraid, I really am.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 08:06:36 PM »

I am not racist but I've been called racist because I respect law and order and support the police. There is such a disrespect for America that I feel like I am in another country anymore.

This describes me 100%.  In Seattle the liberal mayor told cops to let people protest and 1 precinct actually closed down for 3 weeks.  One part of the city was being controlled by the protesters with no police presence at all.  I need to move to a Republican state.  Sorry if this is not permitted.   Please delete if it offends anyone.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 08:53:30 PM by sparky »
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Lines

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »
This cancel culture would certainly delete your post Sparky. I wouldn't.

Offline RG

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »
This cancel culture would certainly delete your post Sparky. I wouldn't.

Nah, Tim is in agreement with us, I think we're safe to speak freely as long as we don't go too overboard :P

Offline Lines

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 08:26:54 PM »
No, Sorry, I wasn't speaking of this forum. I was referring to the cancel culture so prominent in our society right now.

Offline RG

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 08:58:35 PM »
No, Sorry, I wasn't speaking of this forum. I was referring to the cancel culture so prominent in our society right now.

Ah, ok. It's a strange time we're in when Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben are offensive.

Offline Lines

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 09:15:28 PM »
No kidding. We saw some Aunt Jemima cornmeal in the store a couple days ago. I had to buy it. Couldn't find any Uncle Bens, but I'm searching. When you mentioned being afraid, we have a legitimate reason to be. Seems that no one has any type of restraint when it comes to "peaceful protesting". Violence and destruction are the preffered method nowdays. Something ugly (is) on the way.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 10:01:34 PM »
Thank you for bringing this up RG. I agree totally with your post. I am completely fed up with the so-called "protesters"who as far as I am concerned are nothing but clueless thugs! People now a days become so offended over anything. If something that happened 200 years ago upsets them then they need to get some counselling. Our higher education system has become a joke, especially at the college level. I am 71 years old and would like to spend the remaining years of my life living it, not worrying about offending someone. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they are not entitled to tell me my opinion! The liberals are heading for something they don't want to see as they will lose. Everything has been escalating since the last election. Hell they haven't given the man a chance to lead this country, just defend his actions. The media is a joke and is to blame for pushing most of the false narratives out there. I just wish everyone would just agree to disagree and go on with their lives. I was raised to treat everyone as I would want them to treat me. This last generation has no clue on what civility and respect for others is.

Lastly, I am a retired police officer and it totally upset me with want went on in Minneapolis. But 1 percent of bad cops does not mean they are all bad! Yes I was called racist and other names before as I worked in a predominantly Hispanic area in Washington state but I continued to do my job. I am glad I retired when I did as nowadays these officers don't have the backing of their departments, city or the public.

Okay, I will quit venting, but I do feel better.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Lines

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 10:44:30 PM »

Okay, I will quit venting, but I do feel better.
And so do I. Thank you HighOnSmoke, not only for the well written response, but also for your past service in law enforcement.
Some of us greatly appreciate our men and women who uphold law and order.