Author Topic: Do you ever feel that enough is enough?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Pappymn

Re: Do you ever feel that enough is enough?
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2020, 07:08:42 PM »
I personally can't see why anyone would want to be a police officer now.
They are demeaned and degraded everywhere they go. They can't even buy lunch or a cup of coffee without having to take abuse. They get no support from their police chiefs. (seeing as how most of them are appointed by liberal mayors)  They can't do their jobs, because if they do, they are likely to be charged with murder. Got to be the worst job in America today.
Amen. Not the job of my youth. But they do earn a sweet pension of which I have first hand knowledge for Minneapolis cops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2020, 10:48:47 PM »
You know, I agree with a lot that is said here.

That said, I'm disgusted that yet another one of the places I go to discuss and read about one of my favorite hobbies has become inundated with political viewpoints and agendas.

This is by far the most popular thread since I have been here. Has rolled most everything else off of the list on the homepage.

You 10 or 12 members who actively participate here.... have fun. I'm going to go find a forum where people like to talk about food and BBQ.
+1 Outta here.
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline Lines

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2020, 11:16:06 PM »
I guess that's a solution. ::) ???

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 04:03:23 AM »
You know, I agree with a lot that is said here.

That said, I'm disgusted that yet another one of the places I go to discuss and read about one of my favorite hobbies has become inundated with political viewpoints and agendas.

This is by far the most popular thread since I have been here. Has rolled most everything else off of the list on the homepage.

You 10 or 12 members who actively participate here.... have fun. I'm going to go find a forum where people like to talk about food and BBQ.
+1 Outta here.

You also have the option of just not reading the post and not replying but I get it. I had my account deleted on an NFL forum due to the liberal overload so I guess it goes both ways. I did it without fanfare, just pmed an admin but your way, I'm sure, will work. Take care.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 09:48:05 AM »

I think I'll spend my time reading and cooking bbq.
BamaBob is right, since we're all fired up we might as well be cookin' something!  :thumbup::thumbup:

LOL  Spent the day yesterday doing some yardwork, then put a chuckie on the keg for pulled beef.  3 hours unwrapped, then 3 hours down in the drip pan until fork tender.  Came out great. 
Didn't watch any news, no facebook, much more relaxed and even slept better.  BBQ Therapy.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 12:32:11 PM »
Bob, sounds wonderful to me! I don't watch news anymore. Not even a little. I do watch regular TV but only the same old stuff, lol. BBQ therapy is good for the soul!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2020, 05:17:02 PM »
Can't we just go back to hating Russia and the commies? Life made sense then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Russia in '76 while in the service.  They have good vodka and certain ladies are very friendly.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Lines

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2020, 05:39:05 PM »
LOL @ BamaBob, Sparky, and RG.. Humor is the cure. BBQ is the therapy! Vodka puts my mouth in gear. Some ladies too, I'm hearing.