Author Topic: Anyone heard from TLG (Terry)  (Read 571 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Anyone heard from TLG (Terry)
« Reply #-1 on: September 17, 2020, 10:14:47 AM »
I text Terry yesterday but have not heard a thing from him I hope he and Kerry are ok along with anyone else down south AlA and GA
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: Anyone heard from TLG (Terry)
« on: September 17, 2020, 12:16:20 PM »
Tommy, I didn't get to talk to Terry or Kerry, but I talked to Vivian, Terry's sister, and she said that Terry's roof was partially blown off and they had water damage inside. They are all without power. Terry is very busy with his security customers. I think the storm went right over their house. Hope they can get back to normal pretty soon.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 12:20:18 PM »
I just heard from Ray (RAD) in Pensacola and he is ok. He said no power and his fence is down but everyone is healthy.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:32:17 PM »
Well good news as long as everyone is ok.    Dang i forgot about Ray in Pensacola  Sorry Ray
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:50:16 PM »
these storms this year are amazing. along with everything else. We got hit a month ago in CT & lost power for 6 hours short of a week. Add in what the west is facing & it shows no one is spared. God bless you all.  More are on the way too
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
My son and daughter-in-law live in Pensacola. No house damage but the fence went down. She said the pellet grill was good except the pellets were wet.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 09:43:22 PM »
... except the pellets were wet.

Tell her I said, "DON'T SMOKE WITH WET WOOD!" (Sorry, but it was too easy and Tommy would think less of me if I passed up the freebie).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 08:30:52 AM »
... except the pellets were wet.

Tell her I said, "DON'T SMOKE WITH WET WOOD!" (Sorry, but it was too easy and Tommy would think less of me if I passed up the freebie).
So true!   :D :D

As for wet pellets, dry them out and crush them they work like saw dust in the smoker tubes and boxes don't throw out!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 12:30:48 PM »
  We are alive!  The eye wall ran right across us so we never saw a break. You could literally walk at the forward speed of it.   I had to come in to work and Kerry stayed at home thinking it was just going to be a typical cat 1 maybe. She had a BAD night.  A tornado went through the front yard and down the side of the house. It tore a 6 x2 hole in one part of the roof where two valleys meet. pouring all that water into the house. Two pieces of tin roof pulled up on the north end and pushed water into that attic. I have half the decking and insulation out of there now. Its still soaked through.   Of course the yard is a total wreck but we are OK if a bit traumatized.
  My daughter lost some roofing but not that bad. My son lost 8-10 large trees but the house is secure. We got our power back last night and what a blessing that is!  My son is still out of power but they are hopeful for sometime this week. 
  The good news is we and our families are all right. 
Our internet and phone service at home are very iffy still and the power company said be prepared for short outages the next few weeks as they get lines back up down the road.
 I've been through every hurricane in the last 59 years here. I wish I had left for this one! I think everyone just got caught off guard even though we know better.
 To make things even better a 16,17 year old ran through a non working traffic light and t boned me after the storm was over.  I mean he hit me hard. The police estimated over 25 mph at impact. It's a standard bed crew cab Z71 and he pushed us sideway a couple feet. That's not easy to do...   That's one tough truck!  Kerry and I are both sore but Ok with some light burns from the airbags and stove up a bit...
 Oh, and my grills were in pieces scattered across my yard. I put them back together and grilled food from the refrigerator and the generator saved the freezer.  My gas grill won't light but the side burner works which provided coffee which is a very valuable commodity. 
 Its been a rough week and I'm about ready for 2020 to go the hell away!!!!!
 Thanks to everyone who checked are tried to check on us. 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 09:48:04 PM »
Glad you  folks are all o.k. What a storm!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 11:21:45 PM »
Man Terry you all went through some time down there. Glad you are Ok but what a week.
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 04:35:28 PM »
Maureen and I are sure glad you faired as well as you did.  That is an experience I can do without.  We are supposed to be in Orange Beach around the middle of October.  Right now we don't know if we will be able to come down there.  Watching for any future weather that may make us request our money back from the rental agency.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline OkieGirl

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »
Dang, Terry, that's awful!  Glad you all made it through and hope things get better soon.

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
  Orange beach is very close to us. Its in bad shape right now but there are lots of people working on the cleanup. I' don't think many of them have power yet.  You may want to consider Destin/Miramar Beach and they may have been hit too I'm not sure. We have had very little news.
  If you do make either place give us a call and we can have dinner. Short drive for us either way.  We are headed up to Lake Guntersville around Oct 15th . I think it is.

Maureen and I are sure glad you fared as well as you did.  That is an experience I can do without.  We are supposed to be in Orange Beach around the middle of October.  Right now we don't know if we will be able to come down there.  Watching for any future weather that may make us request our money back from the rental agency.

Art

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 11:22:22 AM »
  Orange beach is very close to us. Its in bad shape right now but there are lots of people working on the cleanup. I' don't think many of them have power yet.  You may want to consider Destin/Miramar Beach and they may have been hit too I'm not sure. We have had very little news.
  If you do make either place give us a call and we can have dinner. Short drive for us either way.  We are headed up to Lake Guntersville around Oct 15th . I think it is.

Maureen and I are sure glad you fared as well as you did.  That is an experience I can do without.  We are supposed to be in Orange Beach around the middle of October.  Right now we don't know if we will be able to come down there.  Watching for any future weather that may make us request our money back from the rental agency.

Art

Let me know Terry if you do!   It's just 35 to 40 mins from my house
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker