Author Topic: To let you know.....  (Read 595 times)

Offline stalag

To let you know.....
« Reply #-1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:24:37 PM »
To let you know, Covid 19 has hit me in a way that I did not expect.  Unable to get the exercise I need, the degeneration of my lower back is such that I am rushing to clean and downsize everything in case I either have to move, or need medically necessary assistance.   I have been feverishly working to that goal.  There was a massive sort, then a review and separation of receipts for tax purposes and I shredded the rest of that.  I have also shredded 6 big file boxes of old records no longer relevant to me for any reason, closed accounts, merged accounts and generally destroying or pitching that which is of little worth or value.  I have found some things, but in the process realized there were things from my days in teaching, that if I was not destructive with the data, in the wrong hands it could have been used for identity theft of others.  30 years ago this was not a problem, but a recent review of what I have in paper records means that to lessen my exposure, the old has to go.  Plus I am finding things that need fixed.  I have progressively worse disc degeneration in my lower back that is making it difficult to walk or maintain my balance. 

At the moment 3 possibilities may occur, although there are other potentials.  1.  A job I applied for using my skill set comes through and I have to shift cities.  2.  I move closer to family and retain my same job.  3.  Need medical help in the near future and am needing to clean/downsized/ordered abode for the aide to do their job.  In any case, what I am doing needs to happen.  I cannot predict the future, and don't know exactly what may transpire.  But what I am doing is the prep I need for the next step in life.  For those of you who do pray, and there are a few here I have met that do, please pray.  But I have left this for those who I met to inform what is happening.  I never expected the restrictions to last this long and cause the damage they have to me physically, but I am trying to prepare and fix what I need to be ready for what may come.  I am hoping that restrictions lift soon so I can get needed therapy, but if that cannot happen, having my abode ready for life changes is a good thing in any case.

Wishing you all well.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline stalag

Re: To let you know.....
« on: October 03, 2020, 11:26:22 PM »
Oh, to add, I am on disability due to the back issues now and am trying to fix things so I can return to work in a safer environment.  Working from home has led to this.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing.

Offline old sarge

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:36:20 PM »
Praying for you.  Yes, this virus has hit people in many different ways.  For some, it caused them to reflect on life, and what is and is not important and make the necessary adjustments.
US Army 1970-1995
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber kettle
Ducane Meridian
Cookshack Amérique
Smokin-it 3D
Old Hickory Knives
Chefs Choice 665 Slicer
LEM MaxVac
LEM BigBite #8
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Offline Lines

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 09:03:40 AM »
Prayers for you and yours stalag.

Offline Roget

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 12:39:54 PM »
V & I will definitely remember you in our prayers.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 08:10:07 PM »
Will be praying for you.

Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 09:10:13 AM »
Prayers for you and yours. God bless You!
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Walleyewacker

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:06 AM »
You well be added to my list of people to pray for . My a healing hand touch all here that are ill  amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk