Author Topic: Breakfast for Dinner  (Read 670 times)

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
Breakfast for Dinner
« Reply #-1 on: October 22, 2020, 08:28:32 PM »

We did breakfast for dinner tonight.
Actually I was going to make chicken & waffle sliders but something I wanted to use with it I couldn't find so it was eggs, bacon and waffles(with a couple of blueberry waffles thrown in). Oh and a broccoli frittata also.

The frittata

One of the blueberry waffles.

Eggs were on the small side so I had three.

Not a bad meal at all! I need to make waffles more often. Only thing I hate is cleaning the waffle maker.

Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Breakfast for Dinner
« on: October 23, 2020, 12:41:45 PM »
Pass me a plate please
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 12:46:01 PM »
OH yes!!! Love it
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 03:31:16 PM »
Perfect.  And that's all I got to say about that.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 03:49:35 PM »
I could eat that anytime.
Your comment about cleaning the waffle maker brings to mind issues with many meals that we used to eat at restaurants.  Sometimes due to the cleanup we forego what we really want.  Deep frying comes to mind.  i see you using your Cajun Fryer often, how do you save and reuse the oil?  If the oil is used only one time the cost of the oil would make the meal be cost prohibitive for us whether it be fish, chicken, hushpuppies, fries or a combination.  What type of oil do you use? 
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Walleyewacker

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 02:56:08 AM »
Looking at that just makes me hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 09:07:53 AM »
I could eat that anytime.
Your comment about cleaning the waffle maker brings to mind issues with many meals that we used to eat at restaurants.  Sometimes due to the cleanup we forego what we really want.  Deep frying comes to mind.  i see you using your Cajun Fryer often, how do you save and reuse the oil?  If the oil is used only one time the cost of the oil would make the meal be cost prohibitive for us whether it be fish, chicken, hushpuppies, fries or a combination.  What type of oil do you use?

Hey Bob, I haven't used that Cajun fryer in a long time. Because I was frying less I switched to an electric T-Fal fryer I had until I wore it out and then my wife bought me another electric which is what you see me using these days.

So on the "Cajun" fryer I have(but don't use anymore and am going to sell), the way it's made with a deep V on the bottom instead of being heated from the bottom or barely above the bottom on the inside, the design keeps fallen debris from being heated over and over with each use. The stuff on the bottom is in a cooler area. It still gets hot but not like other fryers. That fryer takes I want to say like 4-5 gallons of oil and you could use it a bunch of times depending on what you are frying. The little electric I use now takes 3 litres per change and I just leave the oil in there until time to change. I keep it outside on the patio cover with a plastic bin to keep unwelcome critters out and off of it.

Sometimes I use peanut oil but more often than not it's canola oil. Much cheaper and cost effective for frequent changing of the oil. I get two 3 litre jugs at Sam's or Costco for less than eight dollars. As for the kind of oil affecting the quality of the food...... I find that if the food is prepped right and the oil is at the right temperature when frying it's not a big deal using canola or even vegetable oils. Like I said being cheaper when I go to fry something and look at and smell the oil it's no problem to do a quick change if needed as I keep the oil on hand. There's not much worse than eating fried food that taste like the last fried food you had. Another trick that helps when frying foods is to fry potatoes or French(American) fries after frying the main items for that cook and it helps to clean the oil somewhat and when done frying scoop out any floating debris.

You interested in that Cajun Fryer? Lol...... It's was custom made by the guy that makes the jambalaya stands for my big cast iron pots.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply and detailed response Nate.  We have a Europro fryer, probably similar to the Tfal.  We haven't used it in a number of years.  Used to use it quite often, back when we would fry fish and hushpuppies for our WWII vet friend Billy.  It has the heating element that hangs from the rim and is about an inch off the bottom of the oil pan so any crumbs in the bottom don't burn.  Our concern became that the oil would get rancid as we didn't use it very often.  We would filter the oil through cheesecloth and reuse a few times but that became a hassle.  Next trip to Costco we're going to have to get some oil and get back into frying.  We've bought frozen onion rings and did them in the air fryer but their all breading, not much onion.  Can't beat home made and I sure would like some good wings!  Here's the one we have:

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 07:06:15 PM »
Love the fryer info and now Bob has me wanting wings and rings  ;D
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!