Author Topic: Hello from Lexington NC  (Read 2566 times)

Offline eldog73

Re: Hello from Lexington NC
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13:56 PM »
Welcome, I am in hills borough.  I picked up an outdoor gourmet in walnut cove. Haven't used it much (I have two other pellet grills). But I like the big casters  and hope to use it more..  academy's customer service is great

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »
Glad to have ya!! Welcome from Southern California!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »
Welcome from Morganton!!  The NC Crew is growing!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline zzdjzz

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:22 PM »
Welcome from mid ALabama, we are getting more and more members from NC. I work for Academy Sports and your grill is an Outdoor Gourmet brand, that is one of Academy's private labels. Different manufacturers build grills to our specs and brand it with that name for us. Since pictures have been posted here of that grill with the Traeger thermometer in the hood I guess I can tell this. When it first came out we got an email saying there was an issue with the hood thermometer that came with it and we should get our assembler to chunk that one and get one we sell off the shelf to replace it. When I had him assemble the grill he gave me the one that came with it and it was marked Traeger. I can only guess that the factory in China that builds the same grill for Traeger just grabbed it and put it in the box. Parts seem to be interchangable on them. There were two known problems when they first came out, one was two wires reversed that would cause it not to heat properly and one was the ignitor rod that would cause it to blow fuses. We took them off the shelf until a fix could be identified. So far anyone who has gotten a defective one has been able to call customer service and get the parts to fix it or return it for your money back.  BTW, when that grill first came out Academy sold it for $499, which was still a pretty good price.

Sorry for the long winded welcome.

No problem Two Pockets. Do you know what wires were re versed?
Thanks

Orion Charcoal Cooker
Brinkman Smoker
Weber Kettle Grill
Jenn-Aire SS Gas Grill
Charbroil Gas Grill

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
Welcome from mid ALabama, we are getting more and more members from NC. I work for Academy Sports and your grill is an Outdoor Gourmet brand, that is one of Academy's private labels. Different manufacturers build grills to our specs and brand it with that name for us. Since pictures have been posted here of that grill with the Traeger thermometer in the hood I guess I can tell this. When it first came out we got an email saying there was an issue with the hood thermometer that came with it and we should get our assembler to chunk that one and get one we sell off the shelf to replace it. When I had him assemble the grill he gave me the one that came with it and it was marked Traeger. I can only guess that the factory in China that builds the same grill for Traeger just grabbed it and put it in the box. Parts seem to be interchangable on them. There were two known problems when they first came out, one was two wires reversed that would cause it not to heat properly and one was the ignitor rod that would cause it to blow fuses. We took them off the shelf until a fix could be identified. So far anyone who has gotten a defective one has been able to call customer service and get the parts to fix it or return it for your money back.  BTW, when that grill first came out Academy sold it for $499, which was still a pretty good price.

Sorry for the long winded welcome.

No problem Two Pockets. Do you know what wires were re versed?
Thanks

No, I think the reversed wires were during the assembly because both the wires were the same color and only a few had that problem. Most of the problems were the bad ignitor.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Hub

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 09:43:58 AM »
Welcome from Lincolnton! 

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline Smokenovice

• Southern California
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
Welcome zzdjzz from Southern California  ;)
MAK 2 Star General #700
Traeger BBQ075 Texas
Brinkmann Smoke'N Pit Charcoal Smoker & Grill
Barbeques Galore Capt'N Cook Endeavour Propane 3 Burner