Author Topic: I'll go ahead and say it . . . .  (Read 791 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
I'll go ahead and say it . . . .
« Reply #-1 on: February 17, 2021, 05:00:10 PM »
A very sad day today.  Took my breath away for a second when I head Kathryn start talking at 12:05 this afternoon.

We lost a true American Icon.  RIP ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Salmonsmoker

Re: I'll go ahead and say it . . . .
« on: February 17, 2021, 06:39:49 PM »
A very sad day today.  Took my breath away for a second when I head Kathryn start talking at 12:05 this afternoon.

We lost a true American Icon.  RIP ! ! !

As soon as I heard Katherine start speaking, I knew what had happened. :'(

BD

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 07:17:40 PM »
I was stunned when I heard.  So sad great guy and a great American
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 07:54:42 PM »
I'll always treasure my favorite Rush Limbaugh story (included as an exemplar of what was wrong with Limbaugh's persona in a 1993 Washington Post article titled "It Ain't Funny, Rush")...

Here is another joke told by Limbaugh on the air: He, Rush Limbaugh, gets onto an elevator.
The only other passenger is Hillary Clinton. She tears off all her clothes, throws
herself on the floor and begs him, "Rush, make a woman out of me."
So Limbaugh tears off all his clothes, throws them at Clinton and says,
"Fold those."

Despite the columnist's assertion to the contrary, it was really funny!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:09:51 PM by Ka Honu »
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 08:04:29 PM »
The first time I heard him many years ago, I could not stand his arrogant attitude "with half my brain tied behind my back"??  After listening to him for many years, I found that I agreed with almost all he had to say.  I found that he was a very informed and an intelligent broadcaster who provided the conservative side of the issues unlike what all the media did not provide.  He also appeared to be correct to me most of the time.  He supports the Constitution unlike most of the liberal agenda.  What impressed me most recently, was that he was for family, friends, supporters, and God.  I truly fear for what the left wing agenda is doing to our people and country, and our children's futures.  With all his wealth knowing his health issues, he could have easily spent his final days fulfilling a "bucket list" but instead chose to continue to broadcast his beliefs.   My post can be deleted if it is deemed to be not appropriate.  ;)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 07:36:14 AM »
The first time I heard him many years ago, I could not stand his arrogant attitude "with half my brain tied behind my back"??  After listening to him for many years, I found that I agreed with almost all he had to say.  I found that he was a very informed and an intelligent broadcaster who provided the conservative side of the issues unlike what all the media did not provide.  He also appeared to be correct to me most of the time.  He supports the Constitution unlike most of the liberal agenda.  What impressed me most recently, was that he was for family, friends, supporters, and God.  I truly fear for what the left wing agenda is doing to our people and country, and our children's futures.  With all his wealth knowing his health issues, he could have easily spent his final days fulfilling a "bucket list" but instead chose to continue to broadcast his beliefs.   My post can be deleted if it is deemed to be not appropriate.  ;)

I have read awful things said about him since his passing yesterday, it's amazing how many people hated him (just like they hate Trump). Everyone has a right to feel how they feel but love him or hate him, I see no reason anyone would celebrate the death of someone just because their political views don't match your own. Now, if a terrorist or someone who is a murderer dies, maybe you are glad that they no longer are around to do bad things to their fellow man but to act in such a way because a conservative talk show host dies, that's despicable in my opinion. If those "ladies" on the view died, I wouldn't go around all happy that Whoopi is gone. When someone dies, they leave behind grieving loved ones, so even if you don't like that person, you should at LEAST feel compassion for their family if you have an ounce of humanity in you.

I suspect more of the same when Trump's number is called.

Sad isn't it?
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 08:07:08 AM »

I have read awful things said about him since his passing yesterday, it's amazing how many people hated him (just like they hate Trump). Everyone has a right to feel how they feel but love him or hate him, I see no reason anyone would celebrate the death of someone just because their political views don't match your own. Now, if a terrorist or someone who is a murderer dies, maybe you are glad that they no longer are around to do bad things to their fellow man but to act in such a way because a conservative talk show host dies, that's despicable in my opinion. If those "ladies" on the view died, I wouldn't go around all happy that Whoopi is gone. When someone dies, they leave behind grieving loved ones, so even if you don't like that person, you should at LEAST feel compassion for their family if you have an ounce of humanity in you.

Sad isn't it?
YET, they are the peaceful party?  ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 11:00:26 AM »

Sad isn't it?

Agree 100%.  I can hardly understand what kind of person you would be to find such pleasure in a person's death just because you disagree with his politically.

Makes even happier to know that I am not on that side of the equation.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Lines

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 01:22:21 PM »
Reading the horrible things people think that they need to express, I can guarantee he is in a much better place now. Much better.
RIP Rush.

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 09:38:56 PM »
He was a great guy that enjoyed life, family & the USA
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 03:22:25 PM »
Reading the horrible things people think that they need to express, I can guarantee he is in a much better place now. Much better.
RIP Rush.
WE just have to remember who they are and vote them out next time.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Lines

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 03:54:20 PM »
RIP Rush.
WE just have to remember who they are and vote them out next time.
Totally agree.