Author Topic: Critical Mass  (Read 12083 times)

Offline pz

Re: Critical Mass
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 01:07:16 AM »
Man I hear you! Folks,if I miss some posts its I just cant get to them all,nothing personal.

X2!

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 01:26:31 AM »
Congratulations and thank you to all envoled putting together a safe place to share and have some fun talking about all kinds of cookery ;D

I truly do enjoy myself here :)

X2  ;)

X3

X4

And thank you to all you founding members and new members for such a great site and for making everyone feel welcome!!!  You are a great group of people it is a true pleasure to be involved
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 10:09:27 AM »
We don't even work for peanuts do we Tee?  :D

I'd settle for a jar of peanuts!  :D

Seriously, there is a lot of "behind the scenes" work that goes on, BUT you guys make it all worthwhile!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »
Man I hear you! Folks,if I miss some posts its I just cant get to them all,nothing personal.

X2!

X3!  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 12:51:03 PM »

X2!

X3!  ;)

X4  ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 11:23:41 PM »

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 12:05:44 AM »
Quality ingredients make for the best dish.....

LTBBQ strives to make sure we always have the best ingredients possible. Our members. This insure quality of content - in a comfortable, conversation able atmosphere.

Without making anyone concerned for their privacy - we get to know enough about someone before they are admitted as a member here - to help insure that we do not have the unfortunate attitudes that often are found on other forums. It is why we started LTBBQ.
The first 300 of you were hand selected because of your attitude witnessed on other forums, as much as your cooking abilities. We wanted to create an environment with a specific kind of feel to it. One that you know is secure, and friendly. One where you do not have to be afraid to post - for fear that you will have to defend your post due to someone always challenging you, or talking down to you. Respect. Everyone deserves it here. :)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »
It is great to see all the new members here!! It is better to build slowly with quality members than to recruit quickly just to obtain numbers.

The thing I really love about this site is the fact that it is so versatile. It is not stuck or geared to just one type of cooking or cooker. I happen to do many types of cooking besides just standard BBQ. I like to experiment and try new things. Sous Vide for example is one. And having one forum to share all my cooking adventures is perfect!

And even though there are sponsors and we appreciate them members are not banned from posting about other products not affiliated with the sponsors. The only thing they ask is that you don't post about other or competing products in the sponsor sections. I was at a forum before that would edit out pictures of my posts because the rub I was using was from a company they did not like. I was even posting in the general section where you can talk about anything. So I complied and left in the name of the rub(not the manufacturer name) and they seemed ok with that. Well about a week or two later I got a personal message from another member asking me about the rub so I gave him the info and told him why it was edited. Then a few hours later I get admonished by the admin for the name of the rub and he was about to ban me. He was very unprofessional and threatening. He was really angry. He was reading the private messages and got mad at what I said to the other member in private message IMHO. He denied it but I believe he reads all the PM's. The timing of the PM and his response to a over week old post that he had edited himself was more than coincidence. So I left the forum and have not posted since.

I was contacted by the owner of that forum. He is a really nice guy. He asked me not to leave but I told him what happened. He did not defend what the admin did but tried to explain the reason he acted that way. I told the owner that the only way I would return is that the admin would no longer be an admin. Well the admin is still there and I have not returned. That admin is rude and talks down to people. He disciplines members in the public areas and instead of handling issues privately he posts right in the thread directly. Well you won't find that here. The administrators here are very professional and that makes a difference.

If you start with a strong foundation the structure will be solid and that is what we have here... A very strong foundation.

So welcome to all the new members here and hope to see us continue to grow at a nice steady pace with quality and friendly members like we currently have ;)

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 10:58:13 AM »
I agree with all, one great BBQ site!!! It almost sounds like I left the same forum as muebe for the same reason! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pappymn

Critical Mass
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 11:09:09 AM »
Muebe is an instigator.....just sayin ;D
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 11:13:03 AM »
It is great to see all the new members here!! It is better to build slowly with quality members than to recruit quickly just to obtain numbers.

The thing I really love about this site is the fact that it is so versatile. It is not stuck or geared to just one type of cooking or cooker. I happen to do many types of cooking besides just standard BBQ. I like to experiment and try new things. Sous Vide for example is one. And having one forum to share all my cooking adventures is perfect!

And even though there are sponsors and we appreciate them members are not banned from posting about other products not affiliated with the sponsors. The only thing they ask is that you don't post about other or competing products in the sponsor sections. I was at a forum before that would edit out pictures of my posts because the rub I was using was from a company they did not like. I was even posting in the general section where you can talk about anything. So I complied and left in the name of the rub(not the manufacturer name) and they seemed ok with that. Well about a week or two later I got a personal message from another member asking me about the rub so I gave him the info and told him why it was edited. Then a few hours later I get admonished by the admin for the name of the rub and he was about to ban me. He was very unprofessional and threatening. He was really angry. He was reading the private messages and got mad at what I said to the other member in private message IMHO. He denied it but I believe he reads all the PM's. The timing of the PM and his response to a over week old post that he had edited himself was more than coincidence. So I left the forum and have not posted since.

I was contacted by the owner of that forum. He is a really nice guy. He asked me not to leave but I told him what happened. He did not defend what the admin did but tried to explain the reason he acted that way. I told the owner that the only way I would return is that the admin would no longer be an admin. Well the admin is still there and I have not returned. That admin is rude and talks down to people. He disciplines members in the public areas and instead of handling issues privately he posts right in the thread directly. Well you won't find that here. The administrators here are very professional and that makes a difference.

If you start with a strong foundation the structure will be solid and that is what we have here... A very strong foundation.

So welcome to all the new members here and hope to see us continue to grow at a nice steady pace with quality and friendly members like we currently have ;)

I want this to be made crystalline clear...NO Admin or Moderator on LTBBQ can ever read your PM's. It is a feature that is locked in our software. We believe that "private" means exactly that. For me - it is a classless act for someone to "snoop" on members - just because they can. It will NEVER happen here.
The Admins and Moderators on LTBBQ understand that our job is NOT to be policeman. Our job is to assist, help, be the guys that cleanup, keep the forum software running right, etc.*IF* ( and I have to tell you it is rare ) an Admion or Mod has to address something with a member..it is done via PM or e-mail. Not in public.
Why embarrass someone like that? This is NOT a "power position" - it is a volunteer service - and that is the attitude you will always see from anyone that is an Admin or Moderator here.
Aren't we here to have fun, exchange recipes, ideas and humor with one another? Then we do not want anyone that has a super-ego, or is power-tripping.

Again - I wanted to make that point plain. THIS is a USER DRIVEN forum. As such, the MEMBERS are the talent, and the value of this site.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »

The only acceptable editing of a post is the removal of a picture of peas :D
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »

And then...there are these 2 guys..... :D :D :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »

Maybe even Tendarub should be considered .....just sayin  ::)

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »

Maybe even Tendarub should be considered .....just sayin  ::)

That is Smoke's goto cooking sauce for ribs and he is a moderator so we should let that pass :P
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC