Author Topic: Critical Mass  (Read 12080 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Critical Mass
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »
Easy fellas...Smoke has backup now..And I think she might hurt you if you mess with her man ;) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »
Easy fellas...Smoke has backup now..And I think she might hurt you if you mess with her man ;) ;D

I still can't figure out how Smoke wound up with a lady that fine. I know how much it costs to keep a woman drunk 24/7 so she don't sober up and realize how ugly you are. Smoke, the area you are thinking of moving to in Alabama does not allow alcohol sales, keep that in mind.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 12:20:45 PM »

I still can't figure out how Smoke wound up with a lady that fine. I know how much it costs to keep a woman drunk 24/7 so she don't sober up and realize how ugly you are. Smoke, the area you are thinking of moving to in Alabama does not allow LEGAL alcohol sales, keep that in mind.

Fixed that for ya Ken! :D :D :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »
It is great to see all the new members here!! It is better to build slowly with quality members than to recruit quickly just to obtain numbers.

The thing I really love about this site is the fact that it is so versatile. It is not stuck or geared to just one type of cooking or cooker. I happen to do many types of cooking besides just standard BBQ. I like to experiment and try new things. Sous Vide for example is one. And having one forum to share all my cooking adventures is perfect!
---------------
That admin is rude and talks down to people. He disciplines members in the public areas and instead of handling issues privately he posts right in the thread directly. Well you won't find that here. The administrators here are very professional and that makes a difference.

Yes,I like the other subsets to post in also.

As for the moderation,I was in another place,different subject,where the owner thought he was a God,and his 'sheriffs' minor Gods.I surely dont need to be treated like a child every time 'something' didnt meet his personal narrow,ever changing standards on any subject.And how honored members were just to be allowed in the door SO WATCH IT PAL! (and members told that daily in many threads,Im not kidding) of his all life encompassing end all,be all site. No time for that type of nonsense,was like dealing with spoiled  psychotic 8 year olds.

Or the cooking site where if you disagreed on a food subject because your experience was different you were dogpiled because Fred works in a slaughterhouse company and therefore is the final word on ANYTHING  r/t food in any aspect,no time for that nonsense either.

Yup,this site is amazing in letting members post their experiences and giving it as much validation as anyone elses.Treating you like an ADULT,Like it should be,real give and take.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:09:46 PM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »
I've said this once or twice before. This is home away from home to me! It is the BEST cooking forum on the internet
and I have met some awesome people, not only here on line, but in person and I feel honored to call them my friends. I hope we continue
to grow as a family together!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
I've said this once or twice before. This is home away from home to me! It is the BEST cooking forum on the internet
and I have met some awesome people, not only here on line, but in person and I feel honored to call them my friends. I hope we continue
to grow as a family together!
Perfectly said!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 11:26:19 PM »

I still can't figure out how Smoke wound up with a lady that fine. I know how much it costs to keep a woman drunk 24/7 so she don't sober up and realize how ugly you are. Smoke, the area you are thinking of moving to in Alabama does not allow LEGAL alcohol sales, keep that in mind.

Fixed that for ya Ken! :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D

I keep saying if Wendy ever gets her eyes checked, I am toast.

Ken, Dekalb County is dry, but the town of Fort Payne does sell alcohol
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2014, 02:24:58 PM »
We are only 2 members away from 700......quite a accomplishment.  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
maybe it is because I am a slow reader...

I spend a lot of my free time (I'm retired) tryin' to keep up with what is being posted these days, but I find that I am missing a lot.  It would take the rest of my time replying to every post - or just to the introductions of new members.  I guess I could do the old "x6", but I'm too chatty for that.

I just want y'all to know I am keepin' up the best I can and I really enjoy readin' about what you're doin'.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »
A guy goes out of town for a while and someone else changes his style but isn't even imaginative enough to select an appropriate color for his posts.

Authority and originality do not necessarily coexist well (and no, I don't know what that means - I just made it up).
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2014, 07:31:28 PM »
A guy goes out of town for a while and someone else changes his style but isn't even imaginative enough to select an appropriate color for his posts.

Authority and originality do not necessarily coexist well (and no, I don't know what that means - I just made it up).

Gee...what is is Ka....feeling "rainbow-ish all of a sudden? :D :D :D :D And - no, I got no idea what that means either :-\ :P 8)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »
It wasn't about changing my style; it's way too late for anyone to hope for that. While many say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I would have thought that a graduate of a land-sea-space grant university with its own presidential library would have selected something closer to his own traditions when venturing into the realm of distinctive (and often "signature") fonts. I obviously forgot that wearing boots to validate one's educational status may have lasting and deleterious effects on one's sense of style.

And I still don't know what that other thing means but I'm sure it will all be clear after another couple of scotches.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »
What did he just say???????????
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »
Jax - If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand it. I said it and even I don't understand it so you see where this is going. Or not.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:00:39 AM by Ka Honu »

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2014, 12:47:49 AM »
What did he just say???????????

We may have to have a few scotches ourselves to understand it too.  :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)